Chapter Thirty One

Hey new and old fans(: Let me just start by saying sorry this chapter took so long! It's hella lengthy and I had some major editing to do here and there, so that's that. I also have something else to say...this is very important. There will be a sex scene in this chapter, (I know some of you are like YESSS!), but I just felt it fair to warn those of you who aren't that dirty. It's not super graphic, I did my best to keep it clean but still good at the same time, and I think it turned out pretty ideal(: It's not the dirtiest sex scene you've probably ever read so just giving you a heads-up(: I also included a gorgeous song that I think really relates to Marshall and Dri, so feel free to listen to it while you read the chapter. Make sure to check the author's note at the end and go ahead and start reading(;

---

Returning back to work on Monday went smoothly as it generally did, with Mr. Rizzo interrogating me on whether I had recovered from my illness. Tuesday dragged by with me up to my head in paperwork, and in the afternoon, Marshall requested we meet up for a few hours. Being as busy as I was, I disappointedly rejected his offer, but vowed to him we would see each other as soon as we both could manage. It was Wednesday evening when I was reminded that Marshall's birthday was steady approaching in only five days, and I had to purchase the decorational items as I had told Hailie and Laney. Snatching up my keys and purse, I dashed out the door and to the nearest party store, planning to buy Marshall's exceptionally heart-warming gift the next chance I got.

As my horrid luck would have it, the party store had every color streamers except for blue, and the one pack of blue confetti I could find had been ripped open and scattered. I immediately reached for my phone without a second thought, and it was then I realized that I hadn't ever gotten Hailie's number. There was no way for me to hurriedly contact either her or Laney, and I was panicking, unsure whether I would have another opportunity to purchase the items.

Hauling my ass out of the store and into my car, I hopped in and plotted out my destination. Marshall's house. Hopefully, I would sneak in, now that the guards were relatively comfortable with me being on the grounds, talk the dilemma over with Hailie, and creep back out before Marshall or Whitney even noticed. It was the best thing I could have done, being unable to discuss the matter with Hailie later on.

Once there, I pleaded with the two security guards on duty to allow me in, and they did so. Parking my car discreetly, I threw my bag over my shoulder and skip-stepped to the grand door. Debating deeply which would attract more attention between my options of knocking or ringing the doorbell, I decided on simply knocking, and I beat my knuckles somewhat softly on the wood.

After a short amount of time, the door creaked open, and there I stood sheepishly, praying for all my mental plans to follow through cleanly.

"Dri? What are you doing here?" Marshall leaned against the doorway, his eyes taking in my sudden presence. It was as if in that moment, my blood froze in my veins and my heart lurched, petrified.

"Uhm...nothing..." I cleared my throat and uneasily fumbled with my bag, stalling to find myself some time to explain exactly why I had decided to drop by.

"What's going on?"

"I just came here to see Hailie," I blurted swiftly, before I could properly think out my response.

"Hailie? Why?" Cocking an eyebrow, he crossed his arms and smirked.

"I just need to talk to her."

He shifted away from the entrance to the home, propping the door open slightly further. "Well, Hailie's not here right now. She has cheer practice. But come in. I've missed you." He held out a caring hand to me from inside, and I slipped my smaller one inside of his, allowing him to draw me into the mansion. He shut the door firmly behind us, then pressed his back against the sturdy wood as his arms beckoned to me and we embraced. His lips nuzzling into the side of my jaw, he kissed the area lightly, then hungrily found my lips.