Chapter Forty Five

Hi, everyone. Make sure to check out the author's note, and I actually love this chapter, so get reading!(; Props to an amazing reader ivychann who helped the idea of this chapter bloom up. c:

---

I woke up Saturday morning after having a fantasy including Marshall that left me sexually frustrated, simply put. In the dream, I felt his fingertips pressing down on my skin firmly as his body crashed against mine with every thrust, like the tides meeting and lingering against the shore. His lips were everywhere and anywhere on my body, and the moistness of his mouth aroused me in a way I didn't think I could ever become.

I laid in bed for a while, replaying the entire fantasy over in my head like the most brilliant movie, and when I rose and trudged to the bathroom, I noticed something different. There was no need for Marshall and I to abstain from sex any longer; my period had slowed and finally stopped after a matter of days.

I couldn't shake the arousal off, though, as I went on with my day. He was the only thing I could focus on, and I wanted him, maybe more than I had ever wanted him before. Thinking spontaneously, I searched up a handful of sensual songs on the Internet, then threw on new lingerie and clothing over. I decided not to call or text him to inform him I would be over, because I had a feeling he would appreciate the "surprise" more if I suddenly appeared on his doorstep with intimate intentions.

So I jumped into the car excitedly, and from memory took the roads to Marshall's house. The security guards stationed at the front gate looked me over, then without a word, opened the gate and allowed me to pass. I drove up the grand, elongated driveway, and the first thing my eyes fell on was an unfamiliar car in the driveway. I didn't think much of it as I pulled up beside it and parked. It could have been Nate's car, for all I knew, or Alaina's car. It could have been Marshall's car as well, perhaps a car I'd never seen before.

I strode up to the doorstep after hopping out and locking the car securely. The door was shut, but not as tightly as it normally was. Hesitantly, I rapped my knuckles lightly on the wooden frame, and I heard nothing. Pushing it forward and entering the house, I heard not a sound, but when the door had been moved out of the way and I stood under the doorway, I saw someone I'd never seen before.

A thin, gaunt blonde woman was placed strangely out of place by the staircase, a little girl's sweater folded over her forearm, dressed plainly. She seemed frail and elderly in a way, her face downcast and the beginning of crinkled wrinkles adorning her cheekbones and forehead. I had not the slightest idea who she was, and her presence was almost eerie.

Her eyes noticed me as I took all of her in. Silently, she examined me, then licked her lips slowly and spoke.

"You're Adrienne?" was all she said.

"Yes."

She spoke of nothing else, just nodded absently and adjusted her eyes elsewhere after a flickering second. She was distant and I wasn't sure whether or not to move closer to her. She seemed so oddly familiar, and yet I had never seen her before in my life. While I was in mid-thought, unsure what to do and unsure of where Marshall was, Whitney dashed down the stairs, and upon seeing the woman with what seemed to be her jacket, slowed down right in front of her at the base of the stairs.

"You brought my jacket!" Whitney exclaimed.

Eyes on the small girl, the woman whispered something I couldn't make out, and after a few prolonged seconds, Whitney's intent gaze fell on me, and her face turned into one of delight.

"Dri! What are you doing here?" she questioned eagerly, skipping over casually and throwing her arms around my waist.

"Just came by for a visit," I explained meekly, a blush rising in my cheeks. I had come to Marshall's house only to find Marshall himself nowhere in sight and a seemingly empty house with Whitney and an unfamiliar woman in it. I proceeded to ask what I'd wanted to know since I'd first spotted her.