Chapter Nineteen

Hi guys. ;D I am so sorry for the late upload, but let me just put this out there. Finals are coming up and I NEED all A's hehe, so later uploads than usual. I promised, four days at the latest. So keep reading and commenting and fanning and recommending, and I love it when you all contact me and give me ideas(: I have so many dramatic ideas I can't wait to work in(; Now go and read this belated chapter(;

---

After I returned home around 11:00 Sunday morning and showered, I plugged my dead phone into the charger and examined my 108 assorted mixed texts and calls, the majority of them from Luna, and surprisingly, a few from Dev. Even before I started dialing her, I knew when she picked up, I would get a verbal ass-whooping. Luna only called you about a billion times if she was genuinely worried.

"Adrienne, holy shit!" she exclaimed, the first thing she said to me.

"What?" My sickness from yesterday was fading, but it hadn't completely vanished yet, so my voice was clogged and nasal.

"I thought you were dead or something," she wailed dramatically. "You haven't been responding to any of the shit I texted or called you, what the fuck?"

"Sorry, Lu. I was at Marshall's and I forgot my charger and shit."

"Dude, I thought you got gang-banged by Dr. Dre and all his other ghetto friends."

"You serious?"

"No," she guaffed. "I was kidding. But legit, I was hella worried."

"Sorry, babe. I would have called, but I was kinda out of it." Smashing my phone between my shoulder and ear, I dried my damp hair and bustled around the house, organizing everything back into place.

"Why? What happened at the dinner?"

"Nothing, the dinner was perfect. But I got sick because it was so cold."

"Is that why you stayed two nights at Em's?" Her tone was rising, becoming lilting and playful. I could just imagine all the sexual things that were probably flooding her mind, and I chuckled absently.

"Yeah."

"Okay, I'm not even going to say anything. You know me so well, you know what I'm going to say." she fawned dreamily.

"Getting it on is the least of my worries," I sighed tiredly.

"What do you mean?" Instantly, her voice went from immature to the supportive, understanding Luna in a flash.

"Like now that I'm back home, the paparazzi are bound to find me. Especially since Dane knows about me and Marshall, and he'd probably tell everyone. And Dev called me...a lot."

"When did Dev call you?"

"Like while I was gone and my phone was dead." I was lost, trying to determine what to do. We hadn't spoken for a while, and he'd obviously wanted to tell me something important, judging by how many missed alerts I'd received.

"He called me too. And he asked why you weren't picking up your phone."

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah. He sounded worried."

"Oh." I had no idea how to respond to her statement, and I paused.

"What?"

I remembered then I hadn't told her the full story of exactly what had occured between me and Dev. "Didn't I tell you about what happened with us?"

She gasped. "Oh shit. What happened?"

I told her all there was to say, and she was mute on the other end of the phone call when I was finished. "I see why you wouldn't want to talk to him," she observed. "I just can't believe he'd do that shit though."