Chapter Fifty

Hi everyone, and welcome to probably one of my favorite chapters in this entire book. I've been wanting to add this twist in the plot for a while now, so here it is, excuse the editing. ;P The song on the side describes Marshall and Dri pretty accurately, so that's why I included it, and make sure to take a look at the author's note, as usual, because it talks about my upcoming story!

---

Friday was a pleasant day at work, because I knew the weekend would be anticipated as it always was. I kept to myself, and when I came home, I was looking forwards to spending some quality time with myself. I wasn't very dependant on Marshall calling or texting me, because I knew he was in the final stages of tour development and last minute things, so I decided not to bother him.

Spending time by myself didn't turn out to be as lovely as I thought. There was nothing to be done and no one to talk to, considering how I lived alone, but while I laid stretched out on the couch, I contemplated the fight with Luna. And I ended up calling Dev, after not contacting him for a while, for reassurance.

His phone rang for a few rings, then he answered.

"Hey Dri," Dev greeted me in a low, ragged tone, as of he'd just been roused from a late afternoon nap. "What's up?"

"Dev, I really need to talk to you." My knees were knocking together as if I really needed to use the bathroom, my thighs impacting against one another as I writhed with anxiety. The more I thought about it, the more I overreacted.

"About what?"

"About Luna."

"Wait...what happened with Luna?" he began cautiously, voice lilting with curiosity.

"Oh fuck. Did she not tell you?" I swore before I could catch my tongue. If she hadn't told Dev, it must've meant she didn't want him to know, but I ventured on. I needed his wholesome opinion. "I wasn't sure if I should be talking to you or not because the way we talked about it, she made it seem like you were on her side, but I decided to anyway, I was going crazy and I just had to know."

"What happened, Dri?"

"Luna and I got into a fight over-" I started before he cut me off completely in awe.

"Hold up," he demanded, a little squeaky with shock. "A fist fight?!"

"What?...No! Dev, we're white."

He chuckled, amused, and I could almost see him rubbing at his eyes in order to wake himself up. "Aight, I feel it. I almost forgot for a second ya'll ain't black, but keep going."

"We got into an argument over how she thinks that I don't spend any time with you or her anymore, even though we're all close friends. She thinks I use all my free time now to be with Marshall...and honestly, she does have a point. I never really noticed how less frequently we've talked lately or how often I see Marshall, but after she brought it up, I just can't get it out of my head."

"Are you guys chill now?" Dev inquired, still obviously a little dazed.

"Not really...well, no. She shut the door on me after the fight and wouldn't talk to me, and I haven't called her or anything, so I really don't know."

"Why don't you call her up?"

"Why would I?" I wondered blankly.

"God damn it, Dri, she's your best friend. Don't you see, you're doing the same thing over again. I bet you she's waiting for you to call her and show her you care."

"I don't know though, I'm pretty sure she hates me. Has she talked to you lately?"

"No, I last talked to her about three days ago. But I think we made plans to hang out two days from now."