Chapter Twenty Six

Hi everyone!(: Alright, major props to all you who comment, vote, read, recommend, this is going to sound hella perverted, but DON'T STOP! I love all that you guys do. <3 This chapter is a filler, but it's a very important filler for the next ones! Also, the pic on the side is of Dri, isn't she gorg? c: Check out the note at the end, and get reading!(;

---

Come Wednesday after work, I was pleased and somewhat anticipated when I scanned my text message inbox and found that I had a text from Marshall. Assuming he would be inviting me over like he had for the past few days, I tapped on it.

Him: Hey baby. Just wanted to let you know I'm going to be busy today and tomorrow early afternoon. So I don't get to see you. :( But I will ASAP, maybe later tomorrow. *kiss*

I couldn't deny the slight sinking feeling in my heart, but I completely understood and supported his difficult decision. I typed back a quick, soothing text to assure him it was fine by me, and headed straight to my house for the first time in days.

---

Out of boredom, I dialed up my only companion besides Marshall for these past few weeks after undressing out of my stiffly tight work skirt and fortunately, she picked up my call.

"Hey," Luna grinned warmly. "What's up, Dri? Why aren't you with Marshall?"

"He was busy. He's probably doing some rap stuff." I reclined back into the familiar feel of the couch, and elevated my feet, allowing my back and waist decent rest.

"That's hella cool. How've you guys been lately?"

"Um. Pretty good." I was reluctant to give an instant answer as I recollected a matter involving Marshall that had just recently began stealing my attention.

"Pretty good? Sounds like something's wrong, babe." Luna wasn't someone who could be fooled, and we both knew that.

"Not really," I brushed off.

"Tell me."

And then all the events that had happened the day and evening before came rolling off my tongue in a flurry, and when I was finished, she was silent.

"Well, what's wrong with that?" she observed.

"But Lu," I whined. "He's so sweet. Like he slow-dances with me, buys me flowers, and he's such a gentleman even though he doesn't publicly seem like it. We even almost had sex. Is something wrong? He hasn't said I love you. Aren't couples supposed to say I love you? I would ask someone else, but you're the only one I have right now."

"Dri, baby, I can't make him say I love you. He has to say it when it feels right."

I desperately craved something to prove to me that Marshall and I were real. I had wanted that from the start, although that was too much to ask then. That we were stable, and the passion and attraction was there. That it wasn't just me feeling hopelessly out of control and giddy around him. So I sheepishly persevered on, though I knew Luna could offer little to no guidance.

"But what about in the movies? They always say I love you and then they have sex. Or is it the other way around?..."

Luna giggled at my girlish moment. "You're not in a movie, remember?"

"Yeah, I know," I defended. "But I just want to hear him say it. I feel like such a bitch, demanding it, but I don't want to fall in love with him just to find that he doesn't feel that way."

"You're falling in love with him," she repeated tauntingly.

"I never said that."

"Bullshit. You said it a second ago!"