Chapter 3- Humans

A week has passed, and the new humans are here. We keep our imprisoned humans in what looks like a jail cell in the lowest level of our underground city. Its coldest down there, farthest from the sun.

I look through my closet and pick out a fancy black dress. It curves up my neck slightly, and it makes me look like a vampire. I will look quite frightening to the humans, if I do say so myself. I put on my favourite cherry lipstick and do my normal makeup routine before starting a new day. I don't have to wear any makeup at all, I look beautiful without it. But my normal face looks soft, and I want my complexion to be more cold, and sharp. Even when my species all have perfect complexions, there are always those who aren't happy with themselves.

I step out of my room and walk down the hall, on my way to the human's prison. I pass one of the council members, Jareth, and he wishes me luck. It was him who suggested talking with the humans, after all. I reach the elevator in my palace. There are only two elevators that allow access to lower levels in each level. And not just anyone can go down levels. Only those with a job there, or need to get something. They need permission first. When I reach the elevator, there is a guard in front, who steps aside to let me through. I go to the bottom level. I can feel the air change around me. As soon as the door opens, I am hit with the smell of blood. I feel my fangs automatically stick out. So fresh. I can hear screams, moans, cries for help. Poor creatures...They have no idea what is going to happen to them.

I see two guards, and this is their job; to guard the humans. I take the keys from them and enter the first cell. Its a girl, about 15. She is sitting curled up on the floor. When I enter, she looks up.

"H-help.. Please...." She croaks. She is shivering. I take in her flush skin tone, and she has some dye in her hair. Ombre. She looks decent, but I can see the flaws in her skin, and how she was hiding it with makeup that has started to wear off.

"I am going to ask you a question. You will answer it." I tell her. It takes everything in my not to bite her throat and empty her veins in the most painful way for her possible.

"...Then will you let me go?" She asks shakily.

"Maybe." No. She just stares at me.

I make a hissing sound, showing my fangs. her eyes roll to the back of her head. Fainted. Stupid weak human. She wasn't any use to me anyway. I leave the cell, and go to the next stall. There, I find a middle aged man. He is yelling.

"Where am I? I have a family, a son. I did nothing."

"Ah, but your kind has. The least you can do is answer some questions."

"No." I glare at him. I see him start to feel intimidated. Good.

"Tell me or else I will kill you." I threaten.

He coughs. "I- I don't know the answer."

"I didn't even ask anything yet you idiot!" I yell. He shrinks back.

Annoyed, I knock him out. He wont talk anyway.

I go to another stall and find a woman in her thirties, I would guess. Humans and their aging, its so easy to tell the age of their mortal lives.

"You will answer my questions," I say. She is silent. I try talking to her again and she doesn't speak. She looks nervous, and I am getting aggrivated. "Speak to me!"

When she still is silent, I come to the conclusion that she isn't able to speak, useless for questioning. But I can still see that she is crying, with tears streaking her face.

The next stall has someone screaming bloody murder. I'm not sure the gender but this human seems to be having a breakdown. I'm going to stay safe and skip that one.

Ive almost lost my patience when I get to the sixth and last cell. I open it, and see a teenage boy leaning against the far wall. He has light brown hair and green eyes. He doesn't look scared, or weak. It might be possible to get some answers out of him.

"I am going to ask you a question. You will answer them." I say, for the last time.

"What if I don't?" He asks calmly.

"Would you like to find out?" I threaten.

"Sure." He shrugs.

I push him up against a wall and have a hand around his throat. He looks confused, but not scared.

"What are you? And why are you dressed up?" He asks. He's lasted longer than the others, surprisingly, but he is also getting on my nerves.

"I'm asking the questions. Not you. You would already be dead if I didn't need you."

"You need me? I feel so special." He smirks. The way he speaks... Is that sarcasm? No one speaks to me like that. Ever.

"Listen, you worthless mortal. I am more powerful than all your kind put together. Don't push me." I hiss. I now regret knocking out that other guy. Even he is better than this guy.

"My kind? Don't you-" When he sees my glare he stops. "Here. Lets compromise. You ask a question, I answer, then I ask a question."

"I don't compromise. I do what I please." By now I feel like my anger is radiating off me in waves.

"Well It seems somebody is grumpy today. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? "

Fed up with his behaviour, the only way I restrain myself from killing him is by leaving. I shove the keys back at the guards and storm back to my palace. I throw open the doors and Aaron runs up to me.

"Did you talk to the humans?" He asks.

"Yes," I hiss.

"...And?"

"...And nothing. Those bastards aren't saying a thing!" I boom.

"Did you scare them?" Aaron is used to my outbursts, he barely flinches.

"Of course I did! All except that last one. He wasn't even scared of me." Wait... not scared of me? Oh, that is because he doesn't know what I can do to him. He is scared of me, he just doesn't know it yet, I assure myself.

"You didn't kill him, right?"

"I really wanted to," I say. "I really. really. wanted. to." I tell him, with clenched teeth. I try walking past him but he, oblivious to my escape, moves in front of me.

"Well, I'm glad you didn't kill anyone. The first body is being used today, and if that last one is actually able to talk, you should try again." he suggests.

"Aaron! you can see how f***ing mad I am right now? This conversation has ENDED." I push past him and fast walk away, in the direction of my room.

Once I get there, I collapse on my bed, taking deep breaths. Okay. Why am I even so mad? I don't usually act out like this. It's the humans, they aggravate me so damn much! I don't have anger issues, I hate when people assume that. I just need to be in control at all times, and when someone tries taking that control, or disagreeing with me, I get a little upset. Okay, lets go onto a new topic. Something happy. Scratch that, I don't have anything happy to think about. I need a distraction.

Hey guys, I know this chapter is sort of short compared to the other ones, but I just wanted to have a chapter dedicated to meeting the humans. Lilith seems pretty mad right now, and when I made her personality I wasn't planning on having her lash out like that but I wasn't sure how else she should respond. Oh well, I hope you liked this chapter.

Shanshan's unnecessary fact of the chapter: Yesterday was my birthday :D i'm 14 now.

~Shanshan