Chapter 17- Hunters

I walk into my room to find Grayson asleep on my bed. I wonder how long he's been sleeping. He looks so peaceful, I don't want to disturb him. But I need information on the Above and it will be hard to plan anything else until I do that.

I lean against the door frame and wait. He looks cleaner now that he is out of his cell and had the opportunity to shower. His short hazelnut hair is messy, probably from moving around in his sleep. I look over at his eyes that look like a shining emeralds- wait.

"Hey there Edward Cullen." He smirks at me.

"Who?"

"Don't stare at me while I'm sleeping, thats creepy. But its nice to know you were checking me out."

"Wh- no. I was not, that is not something a Queen such as myself does in her free time nor any time."

"I am aware that you are a queen you don't need to bring it up. Now, do you need something or do you want to continue staring at me?"

"I do." I state. He raises his eyebrows and I am quick to clarify, "I do need something, I mean."

He chuckles, and sits up. "Okay then. What do you need?"

I explain to him how we may have to go above and that he is the only one who has actually lived there.

"Well, I didn't really see where I was taken down here, but i'm pretty sure it was in the forest. We've got a large forest, and no one ever goes too far into it. I mean, theres a few trails and stuff but where you are is probably past that. So no one would really notice your presence until you walked a few miles."

"I see, but we will need to get into the city. For food and such."

"Hold up." He raises his hand. "No. This town is my town. Meaning my family and friends are there. I don't want them to accidentally get eaten by you!"

Realizing this is not the best time to tell him we have already been taking humans from that area, I just nod. "Still, how would we be able to go into town?"

"Well for starters, don't send your whole clan in at once. maybe four or five, like travellers who are stopping by for a visit."

"But where would we live?" I ask.

"I'd say the forest. Its almost suspicious how no one has ever really gone into it, so I don't think anyone will find you." He shrugs.

"Are you sure theres not a reason the forest has no humans?"

"First, say people, not humans. Thats starting to sound annoying. Second, nah. Theres rumours and stuff obviously, but its all fake. You'll be fine."

"Okay then. Thats all I needed, i should go now. We've got a lot to do, with so little time." I start to leave when he stops me.

"Wait! I can't stay trapped in here, don't you have somewhere I can go?"

"Nowhere thats safe..." I trail off. I know i wouldn't be able to stand being stuck in a small place for so long, but i don't know where he could go that isn't risking his life, or slowing me down. Well, I guess he could tell others what he told me about the above...

"Okay, here. Ill give you to Aaron and he'll bring you over to the Hunters, because they are our current navigators and will be leading us when we reach the Above. Sound good?" I ask.

"Arent you going to come?" He asks.

"Oh no, Ive got a lot of things to do. I'm wasting too much time as it is! So you going or no?" I see his face visible falls, but my tight schedule prevents me from further conversation. Turning on my heels, I walk out with Grayson following me.