Chapter 8- Weather

Before I start this chapter I want to say that I am so sorry I missed last weeks update, I'm trying my best to keep up with this schedule. I'm also sorry that this chapter has such a long name I didn't know what else to call it. I hope you enjoy :)

~Shanshan

With this new plan going on, I don't know what else to do. I go to my office and read over papers. we have resources that allow us to monitor the above like the weather, and the humans. I am given a paper that tells me all this information. I go over that, and it appears that there is a storm hovering over us in the Above. We don't have storms too often, so this could be a big deal. I need more information on this, so i make my way over to the Lab. Its a building that all the scientists work in.

I go to the weather monitoring area is and walk inside, the door making a creaking sound. "I told you not to come in here again!" A voice yells from inside the room. I continue walking silently, until I am inside.

"Excuse me?" I look pointedly at the man standing by the controls and multiple papers. His hair is a mess and he looks up with wide eyes. He didn't know it was me, and he frantically tries to organize his papers and look more put together.

"Oh, my queen, I didn't-" he starts to apologize.

"You know that it is not acceptable to talk to your queen in such a manner,"

"It wont happen again." He hasn't blinked since I got here. Those sort of people creep me out.

"It better not. Are you the only current doctor in this area?" I look around the room, and there are posters and papers and books everywhere. Ive only been in here a few times.

"Yes, me and my two assistants who are currently Above monitoring the movements."

Damn it, I would have punished him if it weren't for this. "I see. well, is there anything I should know about the storm?" It is my duty as queen to investigate any possible threat to my people, and I might not be the nicest but to those loyal to me I will keep them as safe as possible.

"Well we don't know too much, but from the direction the clouds are going, the storm will be directly on top of us tomorrow afternoon."

"I see. Will it be threatening to my people?"

"Not that we know of. But I will send one of my assistants to your palace if any changes occur."

"Alright, then. I will be on my way now." He nods respectfully at me as I turn to go.

"Bye, my Queen."

I leave the Laboratory and decide to go visit Grayson again. But right as I arrive at the elevator, I see Aaron. Damn it why does he have to be here right now?

"Oh, hey Aaron." I almost forgot about my plan. Aaron and I are together now, or so he thinks. He catches up to me and gives me a hug. I pat his back awkwardly.

"Hey Lilith. Whats going on?" He looks at me, concerned.

"Nothing, at all. Why are you here?"

"I just wanted to see you... don't you want to see me?" He looks offended.

No, you idiot I don't want to see you so leave and stop acting like that! It takes some effort not to blurt that out. I mean, I am the Queen and everyone does what I ask. I let them know what I want them to do and I don't lie. If I want Aaron to leave me alone, he will leave. But it is my own stupid fault that I can't do that anymore. I take a deep breath.

"Of course I wanted to see you. Ive been so busy, i started to miss you." I say through gritted teeth. Even though I've only been gone for a few hours. But he is very satisfied with the answer, because he starts grinning at me. He really does remind me of a little kid.