Chapter 6- A New Point Of View

Grayson's P.O.V.

I sit on the cold concrete floor, and wait for this beautiful woman to come back. She looks just like a girl, but acts older than her looks. Her face is flawless, but too pale. She sure does look like a vampire, and i'm starting to think she actually is one. But I don't just believe things that easily.

My stomach growls for what seems like the tenth time today. Or, since I woke up. I don't even know what day it is, or what time. Ever since the day that I woke up in here.

Flash back time to when I woke up in this crazy place;

Saturday June 4th, 2016

Its about 3:00 am, I'm driving home from a party my friend Phoenix had thrown. I was planning on leaving earlier, but I got distracted. I hear a beep and sure enough, the gas is on empty. Dad will be pissed if I bring the car back on empty, so I drive to the gas station. Hey, I can pick up a bag of chips while i'm there.

I drive over to the gas station. We live on a small town, with forest surrounding us. The gas station is one of the places near enough to the forest that I can walk over to the forest. But not that close, I mean its a safe distance for a fire to happen. When I park, I step outside and start filling up the gas tank. Ugh, I have a math exam on Monday. Guess who didn't study for that? Me. I'm in grade 11, and 17 years old. Yeah, I'm not the best student ever. But I pass, so I don't think i'll have to redo a grade.

I look around at the lit up gas station and start to walk inside. I hear a voice, coming from the forest. And like in every horror movie ever, I go check it out. Your so smart, Grayson! Sarcastic comment.

I step into the forest, and something hard hits my head. Before it was dark, but now its pitch black.

Back to the present;

Okay, when I woke up in what looked like a jail cell, I was not amused. I yelled out a few times, but gave up after a while. I thought that maybe the party I was at had drugs and they were interviewing all the suspects? But no, the people in the cells around me were of all different ages and I didn't see anyone I knew, and when that girl Lily visited for the first time, I knew I was wrong.

I make a pros and cons list about the situation.

Pros-Ill probably miss my math exam

Cons- I'm in what looks like a jail cell

I have no food

The only person who visits me believes she is a supernatural being. (I like to call her Lily even though she told me her name was Queen Lilith, which I thought was a demon by the way, not vampire).

Everyone I know will think i'm missing

I haven't seen sunlight for days

Yep, more cons than pros there. But hey, at least Lilith, who believes she is a vampire, is hot. Maybe I can use my charm to have her let me out, since apparently she is in charge of everyone. But I sort of blew that chance the day she walked in. I pissed her off.

Lilith is different. She seemed so surprised when I talked to her, and if she is a Queen like she says, she must be used to the royal treatment. But apparently she needs my blood, so there is an advantage on my part. She is not supposed to kill me. I can use this in my escape plan, once I have one. But in all honesty, I don't think that is very likely considering Lily's strength. And there is probably more out there like her, that are apparently Vampires. Its even more weird that she doesn't even know what a cell phone is. Has she been living like someone from the 1900s all this time?

Grayson, lets be realistic and go over all the possible situations.

Situation one; Lilith is some psycho woman who captures people and hides them in her basement, telling them all these crazy stories.

Situation two; Lilith was born into some tribe that leads their children to believe in supernatural beings and she has become the leader.

Situation three; We are actually underground and I have been abducted by vampires who are going to suck my blood.

Situation one seems like the most likely situation, but for some reason my gut is telling me its the third one. Something about Lilith gives off the vampire vibe. And she doesn't act insane- not really. I think I would like to get to know her better. I lay down on the hard floor, with nothing to do other than twiddle my thumbs. Soon enough, I fall asleep.

When I wake up, I feel warm. I don't mean warm and fuzzy on the inside, no. I mean i'm not ice cold in a T-shirt in what feels like 10 degrees C. A feeling I haven't had since i was down here. I sit up and realize that there is a blanket draped over me, and at the side of my cell there is a couple of pillows and a sleeping bag folded up. They are all a plain grey colour, and the blanket seems soft. It smells like her, too. faintly of vanilla and a sweet mint. I smile to myself. I know Lilith isn't as bad as she leads on to be. 

Hey readers, I know that this was a short chapter but how did you like Grayson's point of view? I rushed this chapter, as you can probably tell, and yesterday was canada day so i'm posting a day late. Sorry! Also, isn't Grayson's flash back so original? *Que sarcasm* I had writers block for a while, I know that scene is similar to all horror films where the main character hears a noise and goes to check it out. I graduated last Tuesday too so its been a busy week! but now summer is here and I've got a lot more time on my hands for writing! yay

So anyway, next chapter is way better I promise! Please don't be a silent reader and vote, comment, and share :)