Chapter 14- Gone

Ive been informed that the rain has stopped, and we must stay in here for at least four more hours to be sure the water will have drained enough we wont drown. I go to the front of the room to make an announcement.

"I would like to thank you all for your patience, and will announce that we will soon be able to leave the lockdown room." A chorus of 'Whoo's and 'finally's fill the room, and when I raise my hand it stops.

"However, when we do leave, I can not garuntee what condition everything will be in. I am not responsible for lost items, and ask of everyone to participate in the fixing of our city. Hunters will be sent out right away. More information will be given once we are in Subterranean again."

Ending my speech, I have done everything that was essential, and although I don't really have time alone with my thoughts, now is as good a time as any.

When I kissed Grayson, It felt different. Yes, Ive tried telling myself that is just what happens when you kiss humans, but it isn't working. Because its not just that, I like to be around him. More than I like to be around anyone else. I don't want to send him back to that cell, I want to show him my palace, and everywhere in Subterranean.

Wait. I need to control my thoughts.

You stubborn idiot, admit it.

But there is nothing to admit.

You like him.

No, I don't. Stop this. I am a Queen of vampires, i'm not falling for some mortal.

Ohhh, but you are.

N-

"Um, earth to Lilith?" I am snapped out of my internal argument with myself when someone shakes my arm.

"Huh?" So queenly, I know.

"I asked, are you okay?" I shake my head and turn to Aaron, who is wearing a concerned face.

"Of course. Why do you ask?"

"Well, ever since you talked to Grayson in the closet, you have been acting strange. And you've been completely zoned out for the last 10 minutes."

"No, i'm fine. Just worried about Subterranean. Who knows what shape it will be in?" I say, changing conversation.

"You smelled like him, you know. I didn't say anything before but I know you didn't just talk, his scent was all over you." He accuses me. "And please don't deny it, I know what I smelled."

"Fine. But lets go over here." I bring him into a closed off area away from listening ears.

"Nothing happened." I say, once he shuts the door.

"What? I thought you brought me in here to confess something!"

"Nope. I just don't like people listening in on our conversations." I say.

"So why did you smell like him?"

"I decided to threaten him, and my body happened to get very close to his in the process." I lie smoothly. Well, it was a terrible lie.

I know that probably sounded pretty stupid, but my voice can sound very convincing when need be.

"Oh," He looks down. "I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions like that," He looks so guilty it almost rubs off on me. I have decided that once we are out of here, I am either going to tell Aaron I do not love him and break up, or decide to be with him forever. Probably the first one. But since we are still in the lockdown room in a closet, and I am desperate to prove Grayson did not affect me, I pull him closer to me in a hug, and he smiles knowing he was forgiven and showers me with light kisses. And I tried, believe me I tried to feel that connection, but it just wasn't there.