Chapter 13- In Denial

Grayson's POV

I'm cold, starving, and my throat is parched even though I was given a glass of water earlier. Ive slept twice, and I think this is the third day. The lights are always on and theres always small chatter among the vampires. Lilith came by to check on me once, but acted as if I was simply an object.

In a way i'm glad, at least i'm not in that stupid cell anymore. But i'm being watched, and I know that if I wasn't being guarded, I would be dead. Ive seen several people walk by sipping a red liquid in a glass, and try not to think about what it is.

I stand up to stretch my legs, when a little girl comes up to me with a boy behind her. They are the same age, and look around six. The girl taps me on the arm and I look down at her.

"Can I help you?" I ask. The guard to my right, who I've heard is named Robert, gives me a death glare. A silent, Shut up before I make you.

"You smell yummy," She comments. When she smiles, I can see two teeth longer and sharper than the rest, like small fangs.

"My sister and I think the blood they give us tastes nasty, are you hiding the good kind?" I cough, and the boy looks up at me expectantly. I realize that they are twins, but thats not what takes me off guard.

"I'm not hiding anything," I say.

"You're lying. We can smell it on you, where is it?" He asks, looking behind me. Okay... How do I respond. Just then an older woman rushes towards us and hisses at me. In already against a wall, so I just put my hands up. i did nothing. Then she grabs the children by the wrists and brings them away from me.

"Don't talk to that- that thing, Lucy and Luke!" She scolds her children.

"Why not mama?" The girl, Lucy, asks.

"It's human." She replies, and instantly they both take a step back and stare at me. I smile in return.

"Why is he here?" Luke asks.

The woman looks like she is at a loss of words. "It belongs to the Queen, Its like...her pet."

"Oh," They look back at me with curiosity before the mother pulls them away. Well then.

Aaron, who seems to have eyes everywhere, comes up to me. "What did I say about no talking?"

"Was I supposed to just ignore them? They're children."

"Yes, you were." Okay... Ill remember that for next time I guess.

"Too late now." I say, and shrug. He glares at me before leaving. I watch his back as he walks away, and see Lilith come over and talk to him. He kisses her on the cheek, and its evident that he loves her. But her expressionless face makes it look like the feeling isn't mutual. none of my business, I guess, but if he gets heartbroken I would be glad.

Lilith's POV

I'm walking back and forth,not sure what to do. We've been in here too long, with not enough room. Ive heard some people are beginning to feel claustriphobic. I mean, there is room to walk, but its hard to be this close to people for so long. Plus, I can already feel

my body weakening from lack of human blood. Just thinking of it makes my eyes wander over to Grayson. I can smell his blood from here, and I'm sure everyone else can too. I'm surprised no one has tried making a move on him yet. Probably because they all know he is mine, although they have the wrong idea. I want to go talk to Grayson, but its getting harder and harder to resist the temptation. I decide to go anyway, when Aaron comes up to me.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine," I reply plainly.

"Arent we going to take his blood soon? Thats why you brought him here, right?"