Chapter 20- We Did It

Unknown P.O.V.

I'm sitting having a meal when I hear the door slam open. I look up at the boy who has rushed towards me, unsure of why he is interrupting me and my family. I remain calm as I ask,

"What is it?" in my authoritative tone.

"There's people here. We saw them at the edge of our territory." He states, brushing his hair back.

"How many?"

"A lot, I'd say over a hundred," He tells me, concerned. I'm surprised, that's a lot of people to be wondering this far out in the forest. I stand up. I look over at my worried family and tell them to stay here as I order a patrol to come with me.

As we are jogging towards them, the boy next to me says, "There's something strange about these people," His face holds a puzzled look.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"They... They don't smell human," I stare at him.

"That is very strange indeed," I reply. Even more curious of who these newcomers are, and If they are dangerous, I run faster until they are in view.

I let out a deep breath in disbelief. The boy looks at me. "What is it?? Do you know who they are?"

"I thought they were extinct," I breathe out. Shaking my head, I turn to the group who followed me.

"What are they?" Everyone looks at me concerned, waiting for answers.

"Vampires,"

Lilith's POV

The first thing I do is blink. The sun is such a bright light; its light could never be recreated in subterranean. I just never knew how little light we had. Soon enough my eyes adjust and I look up. I was met with an infinite, mesmerizing blue with wispy white clouds and a blazing sun peering through. I can't wait to see the night time.

Breaking my gaze, I look around and everyone else Is doing the same; looking around at the wonders of Above. Outside. Home.

We are surrounded by majestic trees, towering all around us. They are blowing slightly in the breeze. There is such a lively green everywhere. I can hear birds chirping and rustling in the bushes. The earthy, fresh scent that engulfs me has me even more in awe. I had almost forgotten the taste of fresh air.

"Lilith?" Grayson looks over at me with a happy expression.

"Yes?"

"You're smiling," He tells me. I put my hand to my mouth and realize; he is right, I am smiling. For the first time in a very long time, my face has naturally curved up lips.

"So I am," I laugh, and my eyes widen. That sound is so foreign to me, I almost didn't believe it came from me. Even a few feet away Aaron glanced at me with a shocked expression and looked away shortly after.

"Lilith-" I interrupt Grayson before he can say anything else.

"My name isn't Lilith. It's Kalila." I say, and turn to everyone. "I am Queen Kalila, Queen of vampires, and I have brought you home!" I exclaim. Everyone irrupts into cheers and celebration, except Aaron who seems to have taken the role of my old self, looking glum with barely an emotion in his eyes. Too soon, this celebration is halted when we hear a voice.

"Hey, vampires! What the hell do you think you're doing in MY territory?" A deep voice growls. Oh no. Grayson said there wouldn't be any humans here! WE aren't ready to fight, especially after what happened last time. And the remember us, I'm surprised. Grayson didn't seem to know a thing when he came to subterranean. Slowly, I turn and freeze as about ten people run towards us.

My hand slowly goes to my side, near my blade. but as they get closer, I notice something is off. I don't remember humans being this fast; I mean they aren't as fast as us, but faster than Grayson is and the other humans I remember. Once they step closer, I can smell that they don't have a mundane smell either.

The man who spoke steps forwards, he must be the leader. He looks the strongest out of the strange humans.

"Who are you?" I ask, stepping in front of my people. My voice had started off soft, and a bit scared, even. I need to come off as powerful, like how I was in Subterranean. I lift my chin and plaster a cold expression onto my face. Once that can be easily removed, of course.

"I should be asking you this question, as you are the intruders. Identify yourselves."

"I am- Lilith, Queen of the vampires; Former Queen of subterranean. And these are my people." I'm not ready to tell these strangers my name is Kalila yet, they are my enemy and will refer to me formally. I wouldn't have said anything about vampires if it weren't for the fact that he already knows.

"I see. It was to my belief that vampires were extinct," He looks puzzled. "But here you are."

"Now, who are you?" I ask. "You seem different for humans,"

The man lets out a laugh, and those behind him chuckle. Confused, I say, "How dare you laugh at me? I am a Queen, be respectful."

"I would be a bit more polite to me if I were you, considering I will decide if you live of die... If the humans could wipe your species out if a day, you should see us," He says coldly. I stand my ground as he continues

"And as for your question," He smiles and looks at his group.

"We're werewolves."

THE END

We did it!!! I have finally finished this book! And I would like to thank you guys sooooo much for reading all the way to the end, it means a lot to me!

Now I might add a bit of extra after this with pictures, but I'm not going to do a sequel for a while. If you would like a sequel, let me know in the comments.

Now tell me... WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE SHIP? If you leave a comment I may add in extra clips focused on the ships you guys like. It won't be current, it will be more like in the middle of the book while they are still in subterranean. I may do a Q&A too. Leave me any questions you have in the comments.

Anyways, love you lots! Hope you have a great Christmas which is in 9 days!

~Shanshan