Chapter 5- Hunger

Before I start this chapter, I want to ask; How do you like my new cover? The top part is Lilith's face and the bottom is a view of Subterranean, their underground city. Its a view from Lilith's palace. I did find these photos on google images, they are not mine. I don't want to say too much, so lets get on with the chapter! ~Shanshan

UPDATE- I changed the cover again more recently, but the question still appies.

That human has been on my mind all day. I never think about anyone that long. Maybe its just because he is human, and its something new. Thats it. But he talks to me like i'm an equal. Not like how you should talk to your queen. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Next time, I will be sure to remind him of who I am. Once I am on the higher floor, I decide to call a meeting with the council to discuss my new found information.

When its set up, I go to the council room early to wait. I look over at the wall, that has a plaque with the 10 rules of the Subterranean .

One; Do not disrespect your Queen

Two; do not harm other vampires unless in self defense.

three; Do not drink anymore human blood than your daily portion.

four; do not steal. from anyone, especially your queen.

five; Do not go Above without being permitted

six; If you see unusual activity, alert the council

seven; no possession of obsidian stone

eight; Do not talk negatively about your queen

Nine;Do not vandalize public property or property of others

Ten; follow your queen ONLY.

These rules help prevent any misbehaviour, And all the other rules fit under the first rule. Doing any of those would be considered disrespecting me. I hear the door and see Ciara come in. "Hello, Lilith." She nods her head respectfully and I nod back. Even I respect my elders, considering her age.

"What have you learned since our last meeting?" She asks.

"Wait until everyone else arrives, Ciara."  I shuffle some papers that are on the table in front of me. Notes, and reminders.

"I mean your feelings. How did you feel when you saw the humans?"  she fixes her hair into a bun. I

"Your not my psychiatrist, Ciara!" I snap. She blinks at me and falls silent. I do not wish to share any personal information with her, especially about the humans. Soon enough, the others pile in all at the same time.

Aaron sits next to me. Last time I saw him I sort of snapped, and he looks to see if i'm still angry.

"Okay, I have talked to the humans," I say.

"What did they say?" Jereth asks.

"Did they seem intelligent?" Orazio had a notebook out.

"Were they cruel and mean like the Grim Time?" Ashling looks curious.

"Stop asking so many questions, I will tell you."  I clear my throat and tell them one of the humans talked to me and seemed to have information.

"Whats the human's name?" Leonardo asks.

"How should I know?" This information didn't seem relevant to the situation.

"You interacted with him, so I assumed that you asked him what his name was." He shrugs.

"Well you assumed wrong. I don't care what that humans name is." I snap.

"But then you will have to call him 'the human'" Aaron points out.