Chapter 10- Preparations

Aaron's POV

Everyone agrees to Lilith's plan about keeping the warning confidential. Not everyone agrees, I can see Ashling's doubtful expression and Orazio's worried look. But at least we will be prepared if we have to have an emergency lockdown.

As much as I'm trying to focus on the storm, I can't help but keep wondering about that human and Lilith. I look over at her and her expression is the same as always, cold. Even when she kisses me, her expression stays the same.

She might think I didn't notice but when i found her in that cell her face held sorrowful ice blue eyes that i haven't seen for so long. The moment I looked into them I saw that scared little girl she tries her best to hide. But she looked like that because of him. Her eyes were soon forgotten, however, when I saw her face covered in dried blood. That was what made my heart drop. Avianna told me about the rumours, and it pissed me off so much, thinking it was a lie. but it wasn't. She drank from him, likely to have been more than once. I glanced at the human and he didn't even look weak. he didn't look in pain or fainted. When a vampire drinks form the human they can choose to make the human suffer, of feel pleasure, and although he didn't look happy I know what humans looked like after Lilith would feed from them when she used to a long time ago. And he didn't look like that at all. We exchanged a few words but not knowing what else to say, I left.

Once the council meeting ends, I leave with everyone else. I need to prepare for the storm, since Lilith wont be. I just want to find Lilith and kiss her, tell her it will be okay, only to remind myself I am mad at her. Why didn't she tell me about that human? Walking along the hall, I call on some of the guards to help me bring everything down.

Will, one of the guards that is also my friend, says, "I heard about you and the Queen,"

"Yeah? What did you hear?" We are in a storage unit and are gathering blankets and sleeping bags.

"That you're together now."

"Yes, we are." I say proudly. Word travels fast, I wonder how many people know about us.

"I didn't know you aspired to be a prince." He glances at me, balancing a pile of blankets in his hands.

"Prince?" I repeat. I never thought of it like that...

"Yeah, once you marry her you will have a lot of power. But you must know that, why else would you want to be with such a monster?" I never wanted to be prince, although marry sounds nice, I wonder what Lilith thinks of this subject. I'd be better off not bringing it up though.

"I could have you executed for saying such things about our Queen." I snap.

"But you wont. I know you man, and how many people you let off with a warning when you catch them." I ball my hands into fists. He is right, there have been countless times I have witnessed or heard something and turned my back to it. The only times that I pay attention are if someone else tells me about it, or if its a very serious crime. Because although I love Lilith, I can't let someone die for insulting her. If she knew this, she could kill me.

"My hands are full. should we make a trip to the lockdown area?" One of the other guards, a younger member, speaks up. We were talking quietly, but I don't know how many people might have overheard our conversation.

"I agree. Come with me to the lockdown room,"

The lockdown room doors are heavily locked with obsidian, and I take out the keys. When I open it up, I take a look at the large, open room. Its cold down here, and dark. I turn on some of the lights and walk in. My footsteps echo in the large empty space.

"Aaron, where do we put the supplies?" Someone asks. I look around and see a wall filled with shelves. It has a few blankets already, but at the time this place was made we only had about 300 vamps to hold. Now.. Its in the thousands. I don't know how everyone will fit. The walls are of a thick material, and its supposed to be protective against earthquakes, or attacks. Not that we would ever be attacked, no one knows we are here.

"Put them over there," I motion over to the shelves. Once we put everything down I tell Will and two others to bring jugs full of artificial blood. Then I go with a guard who I think is named Reg and go to the human's cells. They aren't too far from the lockdown room, since they are in a lower level too.

I greet the guards who are at the door and enter. I'm not going to bring all of the humans, just enough for the higher ranks like Lilith and the council members since we wont be in lockdown for a long period of time even if we do. The humans left might die, if the storm really is that bad. So I walk over to the stall with Lilith's favourite human and look at him through the bars. He looks back at me.

"What do you want?" He asks. Considering his mortal imperfections, he is somewhat attractive. Which pisses me off even more knowing that my Lilith is using him. I can do so much more for her than he can but something I can't giver her is the blood from a human.

"Nothing," I say. I'm about to leave when he speaks up.

"Where are you bringing those people?" He asks.

"None of your concern."

"It has to do with that storm that you guys talked about yesterday, doesn't it?" He's pretty observant.

"Yes. And you are gonna be left behind to hopefully die."

"That sucks." He shrugs. Shrugs! Where is the reaction of terror that humans face when they know death is upon them?

"Don't you want me to bring you too?" Not that i'm going to.

"Sure." Annoyed, I give up trying to torment him and leave with the other humans to bring to the lockdown room. Today's portion has already left and there are still three humans there, including Lilith's, to do tomorrow's.

The humans don't give up a fight while we drag them to the lockdown room where we put them into one of the large storage areas with water and a bit of food. They look drained, like they are about to pass out. One of them does pass out, actually. It makes we wonder what Lilith has done that makes her human look stronger than the others.

Once i'm done I dismiss the guards and make my way back to the palace.

When i'm on the main floor of Subterranean again, I can feel the change of temperature. I look at a mother with her two children walking by. They really need to be warned. But Lilith's wish is my command, and anything I can do to please her I will.

When I get to the palace, instead if going to visit Lilith I go down a corridor to where me and Avianna's chambers are and knock on her door.

She opens the door and sees me. "Hey Aaron! What are you doing? I just got back from work and my students are-" I cut her off before she starts babbling. And I apologize to Lilith, and as much as I know its wrong, Avianna is the one person other than Lilith I would give my life for to protect.

"I need to tell you something important, that you can't tell anyone. It's about a storm."

This chapter is shorter than usual, sorry. Sooo how did you guys like Aaron's Point of view? I ship Aaron and Lilith together even though she clearly doesn't like him. Is it weird to ship your own characters? If you enjoy reading from Grayson or Aaron's point of view let me know in the comments!thank you so much for still reading my book.

~Shanshan