~Chapter One: Anniversary~

S E T T I N G: 2 YEARS LATER
--
"A real gentleman only lies to his woman if it involves surprising her."
--
Dylan's POV

I told Yna that I would be out of town today for a meeting. But the truth is, I don't. I'm just going to surprise her. I buckled up and hit the road.

Today is our second anniversary of our wedding.

I went to buy two plane tickets. I will take her somewhere for our celebration. After that, I went to our house to pack some of my clothes. I will let her do her own. I've decided to go on a three-day trip to Japan.

She always wanted to go there to see the cherry blossoms fall. Good thing our anniversary is also the same month as it.

She got home at 5:00 PM. She saw me drinking wine on the couch.

"Hey there." She greeted as she remove her heels.

"Hey." I answered.

She sat beside me and snuggled on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her. Silence became our friend.

"How was the meeting?" She asked to open a conversation. Shoot... I forgot to make up a reason.

"Uhh...it was cancelled." I answered.

"Then why aren't you sure of your answer?" She asked.

"I'm sure." I replied.

"You're not lying?" She assured.

"Actually--"

"Where are you going?" She said, noticing the bags across the living room.

"I was planning to go somewhere--"

"You're leaving me?" She cutted me.

"No." I answered and chuckled. She frowned. "I wanna show you something." I said and held her wrist. We went to our bedroom.

"What are you doing?" She asked when I faced my back to her.

"We're going to... Japan!" I said as I showed her the tickets.

"Oh my gosh! Really?" She exclaimed. I nodded.

She jumped up and down like a little kid. I just laughed. She hugged me and placed a light kiss on my lips.

"Thank you so much!" She said.

"Welcome. Start packing now." I instructed.

"When are we leaving?" She asked as she went to the closet and started packing.

"Tomorrow morning." I answered.

"What about work?"

"It's fine." I said. "Chase will watch over it for three days."

She nodded in understanding and continued packing.

---

The flight was tiring! After all, we sat for 12 hours and 23 minutes.

"Hello Japan!!!" She screamed. I shook my head and chuckled.

I watched her while she's looking around in amazement. I love her.

"Konnichiwa!*" She said randomly to the people who pass by.

When we reached the hotel, we just put our baggages. We bolted out of the door and started to roam around.
--
Author's Note:
Awww ❤️ Dylan surprised Yna! How cute is that? ☺️ This is it! The first chapter of the sequel. I hope you enjoyed it 😊

*Konnichiwa=Hello

The next chapter is about their trip. 😁

-Claire 🦄