~Chapter Ten: Closer Again~

* (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon on the media.

--

Serenity's POV

Okay. So it's been a week since Michael left for his business trip. I'm not used to him being far away. I just focused myself on work and hanging out with my friends during free time.

Here I am, at the coffee shop that we go to every Saturday morning. I ordered a cappuccino and used my laptop. That's where I did my paperworks for the company.

I drowned myself with all the paperworks until I heard my stomach growl.

It's 11:30 already? I reached out for a slice of carrot cake but found out that it's finished already.

I sighed and stood up to buy another one. Carrot cakes are my favorite.

"Credit card or cash?"

"Uhh... credit card." I answered as I look through my purse.

Where did I put that card?

"I'll pay for her. Add a black coffee." A guy said and the cashier took it.

"Dylan?" I said and looked at the guy at my back.

"Yup. That's me."

"Why are you here?"

"Let's get our orders first." He said, ignoring my question.

We sat on the place where I sat early this morning.

"So?" I started.

"So... what?" He deadpanned.

I gave him a blank look. And then we both smiled.

"Why are you here?" I repeated the question.

"Just because." He simply answered.

"Oh my gosh. Are you stalking me?" I joked.

He didn't reply but I could tell that he was taken aback of what I said. His face? All in fifty shades of pink.

I just laughed at his look. And that's where I started teasing him until we just talked about random stuffs.

It's just like the old times.

Old times...

Old times...

Old times...

...When we loved each other.

I dismissed the thought out of my mind and just enjoyed our talk. In the afternoon, he decided for us to take a walk to the park.

To be specific? It's our park.

Well, that's what I think it is. That's where we last held each other and knew that we felt the same. But we really aren't meant to be that's why time made its way.

Enough about our past. Let's just talk about the present. Shall we?

So here we are, eating ice cream and still chit chatting about our childhood memories.

To be honest? I miss him. And I couldn't be happier that we are just like where we left off.

Minus the romance.

--

Monday morning, I woke up with my head throbbing in pain. I disregarded it and started doing my daily routine.

When I went to the office, I didn't chat with my friends that long. I feel heavy. It's like today is my lazy day. Even though I didn't start doing any work, I am sleepy. I blame myself for that. I stayed late up all night watching 13 reasons why. Don't judge me. You guys stay up all night also maybe watching a series or reading, whatever. Haha.

Anyway, moving on, I just did my work quietly. I was gloomy. I'm tired. I heard a faint knock from my door.

"You okay?" Tanya asked.

"Yup. Just tired." I said with a yawn. "And my head hurts."

She didn't ask more. She just said okay and went out. After work, I packed up my things. I went to the elevator after saying goodbye to my co-workers.

My head hurts. This is the result of no sleep. I swear, I'll never stay up all night again.

Ding

Ground floor. Finally, I can go home. I was on my way to my car but a person called me.

"Serenity?"

"What?" I answered lazily before turning around. "Dylan? Why are you here?"

"Tanya texted. She said you look tired and sick." He said.

"And?"

"I bought you some Advil and ice cream." He said and showed me a brown paper bag. I smiled and thanked him.

He drove me home and we watched a movie before he made dinner. His cooking skills are good. I liked the macaroni salad he made. He knows that I don't eat heavy dinner. He left around 7 pm.

I Skype called Michael and I told him everything. He got a bit jealous. But I reassured him that he's the one I love. And I am a woman of my word.

--

It's the twenty-third day of April. It's been three weeks since Michael left. I terribly miss him.

Around five in the afternoon, I received a Skype call from Michael. I accepted the call.

"Hey." We greeted in unison then chuckled.

"I miss you." I said after.

"I miss you more." He said. "How's your day?"

"Its been okay. I just stayed at home. I miss our Saturday morning coffee time." I answered. "How's yours?"

He just laughed at me, saying that I look like a whining kid. We talked about each other's day.

He ended the call after two hours. Then, I went to McDonald's to grab some burger for my dinner. I just jogged. I'm weird I know. I mean, who takes jogging in the evening?

On my way, I just realized that Dylan is popping everywhere I am. It's not that I'm mad at him. It's just that I find it a bit annoying. I mean, why is he like that?

--
Author's Note:

Hello everyone! 😊 I hope you enjoyed the update. I'll be updating soon. 😊 Thank you!

God bless! 😇😊

-Claire 🦄