~Chapter Seven: Preparations~

Serenity (Barbara Palvin) on the media! 💓
--
Serenity's POV

Well, this is awkward.

What was Delilah thinking? Wait, does she even know that Dylan and I had a past?

I bet she didn't. That's why she thinks it's okay for me to work with my childhood friend slash sweetheart. Yup. He was my childhood sweetheart.

An angel gains their memories once they turned back into a human.

The ride was awfully quiet. I wanted to break the silence; but he looks like he is in a deep thought so I decided not to.

"We're here." He said. I stepped out of the car and headed to the flower shop with him following behind me.

Cora's flower shop is our company's favorite flower shop. They sell the most beautiful flowers and flower arrangements in town. And to be honest, this is where Michael buys the flowers he give me every date. It could be a single rose or a bouquet of my favorite flowers, baby's breath. That's why I personally love this shop.

I entered the shop and Cora's bright smile was the first thing that greeted me.

"Serenity! You're back!" She greeted. I smiled as I walked towards her and gave her a hug.

Cora Williams owns this store, obviously. She is a 45 year old woman who loves taking care of flowers, fortunately, it became her business along with her husband and children.

"Who's the man?" She asked. I looked behind me and saw Dylan looking at the flowers that are beautifully arranged on the vases.

"He's Dylan..." I whispered.

"Oh." That's all what she said. "Him."

Yes, I told her before. She's the other person who knew about it besides my parents and Michael.

"Are you two together now?" She asked.

"No," I interjected, "we're not. I have a boyfriend. And may be all of this means closure." I said, reminding her of what she said before. She mentioned that if our paths cross again, it means something. It's either a second chance or for closure.

"Oh yes, Michael. He's a good boy." She commented. I just giggled at her comment. "So what kind of flowers are you looking for?"

I started asking her suggestions of flowers for a simple beach wedding. After a couple of minutes discussing, we ended up with yellow tulips.

"I'll have a reservation for those flowers. I'll call you when we're going to pay for it." I told her before leaving.

Our next stop was the beach. We had a reservation. We spent the day preparing for the wedding. Dylan and I became comfortable with each other, well, not really. I was the only one who kept on talking to him. I wanted no awkwardness between us; but he would just answer and that's it. I think it's awkward for him. After finishing our business, he dropped me off at The Weddings.

After a while, my boyfriend picked me up. We decided to have a simple date. By that, we meant watching movies and cuddling. We arrived at his house. He lived alone. His parents are business people, that's why they travel most of the time.

When we entered his house, I went straight to his room. I grabbed some comfy clothes on my own drawer in his room. He also has a drawer in my room when he sleeps over.

When I went downstairs, I went to the kitchen to grab some chocolates, while he stands near the microwave, waiting for the popcorn. After preparing our food, we went to the living room to watch a movie.

We ended up watching Finding Dory. I feed Michael with the popcorn and chocolate. He moved me from his side to between his legs then wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

We watched the movie silently. And when it finished. We laid down on the couch. He started humming some song while running his fingers on my hair. That's how he makes me sleep. By singing and stroking my hair. I buried my face closer to his chest and closed my eyes.

After a while, he stopped singing. He kissed my forehead.

"Good night sweetheart. I love you." He said. He sounded so sincere. I blushed. Good thing it is dark.

"Good night." I mumbled and hugged him tighter. He just chuckled and kissed my forehead again.

"Go to sleep."

And with that, I dozed off to sleep.

--
Author's Note:

There we have a Michael and Serenity moment! 💓💓

What do you think of it?

Sorry if the chapter is quite boring...

Nick Bateman as Michael Samuels

-Claire 🦄