~Chapter Nine: The Promise~

Author's Note:

Okay so here we have a Serenity and Michael chapter! I hope you'll enjoy this one. 😊

-Claire 🦄

Barbara Palvin on the media
--
Serenity's POV

The sun shines through my window which caused me to wake up from my sleep. I rubbed my eyes and stretched. I was about to get my phone from my bedside table, but I saw an envelope and a single rose.

I smiled. I flipped the envelope open; it was a reservation at Hawksmoor.

Michael is so thoughtful.

I grabbed my phone and dialed his number.

"Hey..." He said on the other line.

"Hey-- wait." I stopped. I realized that I haven't drank water. I went to the kitchen to drink water.

"Hey babe." I greeted with my usual voice. "Good morning. I saw the flower and the reservation. Thank you so much!" I said continuously without letting him speak.

I heard a chuckle on the other line before he say...

"Welcome my love. I'll pick you up at 7 pm. Wear something beautiful than usual. Look your best, babe." He instructed.

"Okay sir." I joked.

"I love you." He said.

I suddenly felt my cheeks heated. Why Michael why? Just by saying a simple I love you, I blush instantly.

"I love you more." I argued.

He laughed. "Tryna beat my love for you?" He challenged. "Well then, I love you most."

Okay. I lost. I'm about to die right now. The butterflies in my stomach won't stop flying crazily.

"You win." I said in defeat before laughing.

He just laughed. "Hey, my boss is here. Gotta go. See you at dinner. I love you."

"I love you too." I said before he ended the call.

"Let's start our day with a healthy breakfast!" I said to myself and prepared a sandwich.

After eating my breakfast, I did my daily routine before going to work. When I arrived, I saw my friends and told them about tonight's dinner with Michael.

As girls, they squealed. I just laughed at their reaction. They look like they're more excited than I was.

"I've always wanted to eat there!" Tanya said.

"Why won't you?" Anna asked.

"I want to go there with my boyfriend." Tanya answered.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Trixie challenged. You see, Tanya is the only wedding planner here who is single. And Trixie always teases her for not having one.

"He's still texting his current girlfriend. Saying that they're gonna be forever. I'll see him in...hmm... about five or ten years?" She joked.

We just laughed at her. Tanya is the happy go lucky girl in our group. Anna is the shy type while Trixie is the loud and crazy one.

"How's it going on with you and Phillip?" I asked Anna.

"Well, he went to Atlanta for a vacation..." she answered.

Anna and Phillip are together ever since senior high school. Trixie and her boyfriend, Jake, just got together last February.

We chatted for a while before proceeding with our work. We were busy. Lots of paperworks--- plans and designs are to be approved.