~Chapter Six: She Belongs To Someone Else~

Dylan's POV

"Serenity?!" I asked in shock as I jerked up from my seat and stride towards her.

She was stunned. I guess she never expected to bump into me again. She was staring at me with her mouth gaping like a fish.

She didn't change at all. She looks the same, but the Serenity I'm facing now looks more mature and beautiful. If those three girls were head turners, Serenity would probably a neck breaker.

"Serenity? Who is he?" Her ginger friend asked.

She broke her gaze from me and looked at her friend.

"Uhh... He's Dylan." She said with hesitation.

"Oh." She replied like she knows something that I don't. "Hi, I'm Trixie." The ginger introduced herself. And the other two girls did too. The brunette was Tanya and then the black haired was Anna.

"Dylan?" I heard my sister called. The five of us turned around.

Serenity's POV

She is looking at me. I couldn't believe that my childhood friends are here.

"Serenity?" She uttered.

"Delilah!" I said and hugged her. "I miss you so much!"

"Me too! How are you?" She asked once we released each other. "I haven't heard anything from you for so long! What happened?"

"Well... I was... somewhere." I answered awkwardly. She just smiled at me and hugged me again.

"So who's getting married?" I asked.

"That would be us." Chase answered. I smiled at him and gave him a friendly hug.

"Congratulations!" I greeted. "Let's go plan your wedding day!" I said before turning my back to them. "Girls, let's go to our office!" I said to the three girls.

We entered our office and we started asking the couple of what kind of wedding they wanted.

"I want a beach wedding." Delilah shared. "What do you think?" She asked Chase.

"Anywhere is perfect as long as I get to marry you." Chase replied. Delilah blushed and said that it'll be a beach wedding.

Dylan's POV

An hour or two later, we decided to end the meeting and continue it tomorrow.

The wedding planners stood up. So did we.

"Bye Serenity." Delilah said and gave her a side hug.

"Bye. Congratulations to the both of you again." She said to them. Then she turned to me. I gave her a small smile. "Bye Dylan."

"Bye."

And we separated ways.

In the evening, Chase and Delilah went on a date. I was left alone in the house. I looked at my window and I saw Serenity's house. I mean her parents' house.

Does she live here? Does her parents even know that she's alive?

And my question was answered when a black car parked in front of the house.

A guy went out of the driver's side and opened the door. It was Serenity.

But who is the guy? Is he her boyfriend?

They were laughing as they had their conversation. I felt a pang in my chest. I know why, even though I love Yna and got married to her, there will always be a part of me that will always love Serenity.

When they reached the front door, Serenity faced the guy and gave him a kiss.

So it is her boyfriend.

The door opened and revealed her mother who is smiling from ear to ear. They bid good night to the guy and they went inside after Serenity gave the guy a hug.

After the guy left, I waited for her to come up to her room. So I could talk to her. Once I saw the door open, I called out her name.

"Serenity!"

She immediately turned around and said, "What the heck?!"

"How are you alive?" I asked.

"I was given another chance." She said like it wasn't a big deal. "And he kissed me on time." She added and chuckled.

"Is he the guy who dropped you home?"

"Yeah. He's Michael, my boyfriend."

"Michael Jordan?" I joked.

She chuckled and said, "no. Michael Samuels."

I was about to ask her something when her phone rang. She looked at her phone and said, "I have to answer this. Good night." And she closed her window and curtain.

Will Yna have a chance to come back for me? Or I have to move on again?

The next day, the couple told me to run errands for their wedding day. They said they're busy. It's either they're having a date or hanging out with friends separately. Delilah said, I quote: "I want to enjoy my last days of being an unmarried girl."

It's weird, but I get it, she's Delilah after all.

Here I am, waiting for Serenity outside her office. Delilah requested Serenity to be the main organizer of her wedding. What was she thinking when she said this? I don't know. She knows that Serenity and I had a past.

"Thank you for waiting for me." Serenity said which brought me back to reality.

"Of course I would wait for you." I said. Realizing I had a double meaning to it, I shook my head and started walking.

On our way to a flower shop, my thoughts are occupied about Serenity and I and two years ago.

If I got there on time, I would've told her that I loved her and kissed her. But no. That didn't happen.

She belongs to someone else now. And I'm just a widower who's still in love with his deceased wife.

But why am I starting to feel the feelings I felt two years ago?

No. I don't like Serenity. But if I were given a chance to go back to that time, I would. And we would have the greatest love of all.

Just saying.
--
Author's Note:

Ohh! And we would have the greatest love of all! 😁💓 Dylan's starting to feel something for Serenity again! Is it real or is it just because he saw her again and thought he still has feelings for her?

-Claire 🦄