~Epilogue: One More Chance~

"Sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together." -Anonymous
--
Serenity's POV

I panicked. I walked back and forth.

"Where is he going?"

"He's going back to Florida for good." Delilah answered sadly.

"How much time do I have left?"

She looked at the time before she answered. "In thirty minutes."

As soon as I heard that, I rushed out of the house, not even waiting for Delilah's response. Can you believe it? Serenity Kate is running like a mad woman, not caring that I am wearing this pointed boots.

But then I realized something, so I went back to Delilah.

"Can I borrow your car keys?" I asked, panting. She tossed it to me.

I drove fast. I didn't care about the speed limit. I want to tell him that I love him. I always have and I always will.

My mind is all over the place. What if I am late? What if he is already on board? Then everything we've been through came to my mind.

"You can see me?" I asked. He just looked at me in confusion. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Of course. Why'd you ask?" He questioned me. I smiled, he asked why am I smiling by myself, but I just shrugged.

I smiled at the memory. I totally look like a weirdo back there. Then we started to be friends, to close friends, and eventually, we fell in love.

The dance... When we danced at the Valentine's Day party that Chase hosted.

He leaned in closer. I looked at him. Inch by inch we're closer.

He stopped when our noses touched each other.

"Serenity... I..." He said breathlessly.

"Y-you what?" I asked him. I am stiff. One move and our lips would be touching.

The time when he finally said he loves me, but was too late to save me...

"Serenity... I... received your letter and... Serenity? Wh-what's happening?! Why are you fading?" He said continously and held my hand

"It's time for me to go. It's too late..." I whispered

"But..." He said.

"I love you, goodbye." I said and cupped his face. Tears flooded down on my face.

And when we met again, became friends and then held each other for the last time.

"One last time." He breathed out. "At least I get to be in your arms. For the last time."

He pulled away. And he caressed my cheek with his calloused hand. I just closed my eyes. I felt his lips touch my forehead for seconds before whispering,

"I love you."

And he left.

I finally arrived at the airport. I ran inside, not carrying about the security guards.

I searched for him.

I searched for his brown tousled hair, his chocolate brown eyes, his prominent face...

None...

I went to the information desk and asked if the flight to California flew. And much to my disappointment, it did.

I lost him. I lost him again.

I started crying and just walked away. I went to the coffee shop across the airport and bought coffee.

I stared at my coffee, I didn't even bother touching it. Then I found myself crying again.

Dylan. He was my first love. He is my true love. He is like the ray of sunshine on a stormy day. I loved him just like how the sun dies every night for the moon to shine because of love. I loved him because he completes me, he completes the missing piece that I've been searching for in my life. And I love him so much that my heart breaks just by the thought that he's gone.

Now, I regret losing him... again. Why didn't I just told him that I still love him too? Why didn't I realize that earlier? Why does he have to leave to make me realize that I want to be with him forever and always?

"Excuse me? Can I sit with you?"

I looked up and saw the familiar brown eyes that I fell in love with. I smiled widely and hugged him immediately.

"How?" That's all I managed to say after pulling away.

He's here.

"Delilah called me." He answered.

I smiled and kissed him passionately. He smiled through the kiss before he kissed me back with the same passion. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he held my waist, pulling me closer to him.

I pulled away from the kiss. And noticed that the people at the coffee shop were watching us. We just smiled at them before we looked at each other and laughed. He pressed his forehead onto mine and whispered,

"I love you Serenity."

I smiled and answered, "I love you too Dylan."

A wide grin sprawled across his face.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear you say that."

Fin.

--
Author's Note:

And that's a wrap! Thank you for everyone who supported this book. And thank you for the patience you've given because of my very very slow updates. I hope you enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Once again, thank you. ❤️

Love you all! God bless you! 😇

-Claire 🦄