Chapter 1: When One Thing Dies Something New Comes In

Chapter 1: When One Thing Dies, Something New Comes In

Year: 1222

Acre, Israel

Harees Bint-La'Ahad. That is my name. I live in Acre with my grandparents. Or so they say they are. I never believed in anything anybody has said to me since I was a little girl. I grew up in a creed that I stay loyal to. I am part of the Assassins Creed. My grandparents do not know this and they will never understand it, they are getting too old to even understand why I am gone for days, even weeks at a time. They just think that I am on a quest to find my real parents. They had told me that my parents had come by with me in my mothers arms. They said that they did not want anybody to find me and left me here. They never came back for me. I do not plan on looking for my parents but if I do find them, then good, but if I do not, I honestly do not care.

"Harees! Vien ici! [come here!]" My grandmother said

"Je vien, Grande-mère! [I am coming, grandmother!]" I replied

I got up from the chair I was sitting in and went to the kitchen to find my grandmother sitting down at the table with letters in her hands. I walked over to her and sat down in the chair beside hers. I was not in my Assassins outfit. I was in a robe that most women my age would wear. I still had my hidden blade on but it was hidden underneath the robe. My robe was blue with a white and red ribbon around the waist.

"I found these in the mansrde. [attic]"

"What are they?"

"Vieux letter [old letters] from your parents. They sent these for the first few months and then stopped. Je ne sais pas pourquoi. [I do not know why.]"

I took the letters from my grandmothers fragile hands. She was getting old and so was my grandfather. Soon, I would probably be on my own. I looked at the letters and these were from my parents. They were mostly asking how I was and they said that they would come and get me someday. They never said when, they never said it would take them twenty-six years or more. Honestly, I never knew my parents and I do not want to. The letters are the only proof that my parents cared about me at one point.

I set the letter back down on the table and just looked at my grandmother. She was close to tears. I moved my chair closer to hers and hugged her. She was shaking. Grand-père [granddad] walked in the house after his walk and came into the kitchen to look at my grandmother and I. He looked down at the table and saw the letters. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.

"I can take her Harees. Aller quelque part. [go somewhere] I can take her from here."

I let go of my grandmother and she went into my grandfathers arms. He led her upstairs to their bedroom. I knew I had to go check the bird coop on the roof a couple of houses down to see if I got any letters from my master. I headed outside and started to walk around the building until I found the ladder. I climbed up without anyone noticing me. I ran down the roof tops until I found the bird coop. I opened up the cage and saw my bird with a note wrapped around his leg. I put my hand in by my bird and he hopped up on my hand. I un-wrapped the note and set him back in the cage and shut the door.

Meet me by flag 1. I have some things I need to speak to you about. -Mentor

I lived in the middle of the Middle District. Flag 1, was north-west from my house and was up at the very top of the Middle District right before the Poor District. I knew that if Mentor was in Acre, this had to be very important. He was living out near Mongolia, which was pretty far from here. I ran across the roof tops until I was on top of our house. There was a secret entrance on our roof to go into my room. I opened it up and jumped in before any Templars saw me. I got changed into my Assassin outfit and left the house. I ran around the corner and climbed up the ladder and started sprinting towards flag 1. When I got there, I saw my Mentor sitting on a bench nearby. I went to the back of the building I was on and got down. I walked towards the bench he was sitting on and sat down.