Chapter 15 (part two): Something Reveled That Was Meant To Stay Quiet

Year: 1210

Age: 14

Masyaf

I was so focused today at training. I wanted to impress my new Mentor. There was a couple of Assassins watching us train. I put my best game face on and defeated everybody I was up against. I wanted to show my new Mentor that I was the best of the best and they would be glad to have me as their student. I was only in the training circle three times today. It was not that big of a deal. When I was not in the circle, I would practice with the dummies.

One Assassin came up to me and just watched me. He was watching from a distance but I saw him. He did not have his hood up like some of the others. I could see his face perfectly. I turned towards him as I finished practicing different counter attacks.

"Oui?"

"Nothing, I am just impressed at how well you are."

"Merci." I said out of breath

He walked towards me and looked at the dummy I was beating up. He examined the cuts I had made on the dummy and turned to me. He smiled at me. It was not a welcoming smile like Mentors, it was a devious smile.

"You have very deep cuts here."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

He let out a low chuckle sending shivers down my spine, "Good thing."

I had to turn away from him. I turned away to put my sword away. He watched me closely. I walked back to the dummy and then examined my own cuts. They were pretty deep. 'I did have practice on myself' I thought to myself. I shook my head to get rid of the thought. My arm started to throb at the thought. I rested my arm on my stomach trying to make it stop throbbing.

"Anyways, I have to go talk to the trainer to find out whom is going to be my new student."

He smiled at me and then walked away. I watched him as he walked away. I swallowed hard as I felt an arm around me. I was about to elbow them to make them get off of me until they spoke up.

"Good job today."

I turned around and hugged Sef as hard as I could. Even though it had only been a couple of days, I missed him. I smiled at him and he smiled at me as we let go.

"How are you?" I asked

He lifted up his left hand and I saw his ring finger was missing. That meant that he was an Assassin and part of the creed. It was still covered in bandages but he was smiling. I also saw that he had on a new vambrace. I touched it and he let me. It was his new hidden blade. I put my arm down knowing I would get one soon.

"Good. Where my finger used to be still hurts, but, other than that, I am great!"

"That is good. Whom is your new Mentor?"

"I will be training here in Masyaf and I will be taking missions from my father."

I smiled at him as he put his hand back down. He then looked over to the man who was talking to me. He was talking to the trainer. Training was over for today and I was waiting for the trainer to call me over. Sef looked to the ground and then looked at me. I looked at him.

"What was he doing over here?"

"I do not know but he is going to be someones new Mentor soon."