Chapter 12: Returning The Favor

Year: 1223

Mongolia

“This is going to hurt a bit.” the doctor said

“Juste faire! [just do it]” I yelled

  The doctor placed his hands on my shoulder and then with all his might, he pulled my shoulder back in place. I heard a pop and then another one. The doctor let go of my shoulder as I bit my lip to stop from screaming. I bit my lip so hard that I could taste the iron blood in my mouth. The doctor came around front to see how I was doing. He looked at my shoulder and then back to me.

“You will be fine. Be careful next time.”

“I would if it was not for those Templars.” I whispered to myself

  The doctor walked to his table and got me somethings. He brought over a pouch, bottle and a bowl. He handed me the pouch and the bottle and then dabbed his finger in the bowl which was filled with ointment.

“This is a Monkshood ointment. In the bottle is also a Monkshood potion and in the pouch is Pasque Flower.”

  I nodded my head as I let the doctor put the ointment on my sore, red and bruised shoulder. I looked down at the pouch and the bottle in my hand.

“Wait, would this much Monkshood kill me?”

“No, there is enough in this ointment to act as a pain-killer. If you drink the bottle at once, then, yes, you can kill yourself. I suggest only a cap full every couple of hours or even whenever the pain returns.”

“What about the Pasque Flower?”

 “Have that on hand for when the Monkshood is not doing the trick.”

  The doctor moved away from my shoulder and then walked over to his table again. He set the bowl down and wiped his hands on a cloth. I jumped down from the table I had sat on and walked over to the doctor. I gave him the money I owed him and walked out the door.

“Madamwazeil, [miss] be careful. I do not want to see that beautiful face of yours in here again.”

“I cannot keep a promise I cannot make.”

  I walked out of the door and I could feel the pain dulling in my arm. I looked around as a precaution. I was not in Templar territory but I had to be careful. I did not need another dislocated shoulder. I started to run to the Assassins Bureau to go and get help. Once I got in, the same Assassin as before greeted me.

“How may I help you this time?”

“Where do the Templars take prisoners?” I asked out of breath.

“Why? What happened?”

“I cannot explain. Can you just tell me? I need to get there quick.”

“Give me your map.”

  I got the map he had given me earlier out of my pouch and handed it to him. He opened it up and then took his feather and marked where the prison was. He gave me back the map and I looked to see where the prison was. It was right in the middle of the Templar zone. Coming in was easier than leaving. So, I might be able to get to the prison without being detected. I would have to use Eagle Vision to see where their cell was, but I could make it work. I smiled at him.

“Do you have paper I could use?”

“Yes,”

  He got out a little piece of paper and handed it to me. I grabbed his feather and wrote on it. I put the note in my pouch and then set the feather back in the ink pot. I smiled at him and then left heading for the prison. I knew I was going to have to get there by the roofs. When I entered into Templar territory, I turned on my Eagle Vision and saw what I had to go through. About ten guards and then I would have to find a way to get into the building. I started to run to the first guard and stabbed him in the back with my hidden blade. I did that for the first few and then, it was starting to get tricky because they were all starting to get closer and closer to each other. It made my job harder.