Chapter 17: We Need Our Hero Once Again

Year: 1225

Masyaf

“Harees!” Sef cried

  I looked down from the roof I was sitting on and then saw Sef look up. I smiled at him as he walked around the building to climb up. I went back to cleaning my hidden blade. I had done a few Assassination missions lately. I did about three in a matter of two weeks. Normally they would give me a small break before I headed to the next one but this time, it was one mission after the other and I was finally glad that I was here in Masyaf for a bit.

  I heard a slight noise and turned around to find Sef pushing himself up to the ledge. I let out a ‘pff’ and continued to clean my blade. I have no clue how many guards I had to kill but there was so many! It was like they planned on me to attack. I heard Sef’s sword clink on the roof as he sat down. I looked over to him and then went back to cleaning my hidden blade.

“This came in the mail. I thought perhaps you wanted to look at it since you are here for once.”

  I looked over to the letter he had in his hand and put my hidden blade away and set the rag to the side. I took the letter from his hands and opened it knowing whom it was from. I opened it up and took the letter out. It was from Maria and Altaïr. I read it over and it was just saying how they were doing. I was going to reply to them tonight if I could. I closed the letter and put it back. I slid it in my pouch and then looked over to Sef.

“Merci. How long have you had this?”

“It came in about a week ago.”

“I better reply to them tonight if I do not want to worry them.”

  I looked out to the view that Sef and I would always enjoy when we had the free time. It had the best view of the training area, entrance and the entrance to the library. I looked around some more before I looked over to Sef.

“What’s on your mind frère? [brother]”

“Nothing. It is just that . . . I missed coming up here with you.”

  I smiled at him and looked back to the view. I looked down to my hidden blade and extended it out again. I looked down at it and started to clean it. I turned it over to the other side so I could clean off the dried blood that stained my blade. I cleaned it off and then looked around at the view. I saw Abbas coming out of the library. I rolled my eyes and then continued to clean my blade. I heard another voice right after Abbas had left the library.

“Abbas! We need to talk about this!”

“LaЗ! [no] We are finished!”

  Abbas walked out of the entrance before the other man could say a word. He turned back around and walked right back into the library. I looked back down to my hidden blade and started to clean it again. For some reason, this was more important than anything else.

“What do you think they were arguing about?” asked Sef

  I let out a sigh and then turned to him putting the rag back down on the roof beside me and put my hidden blade back in the vambrace. I turned to look at him.

“Whom knows. Only those two know. With Abbas trying to take the Creed and Masyaf for himself, it could be anything.”

“Speaking of Abbas, have you told baaba yet about what Abbas is planning on doing in his absence?”

“I will soon frère.”

  He nodded and then looked back out to the view of the place. He sighed and then turned back to me so that he was facing me. I turned to looked at him.