Chapter 14: First Day And First Discovery, If Only I Was Old Enough

Chapter 14: First Day And First Discovery, If Only I Was Old Enough To See The Signs

Year: 1201

Age: 5

Masyaf

It was my first day for training and the guy that helped me home, had come and picked me up at my house. We headed to Masyaf bright and early in the morning. The sun had just risen when I had got up. It was still very early in the morning when we get there. I yawned as we walked up to the hill to the training circle.

"Tired, tifl?"

"What does tifl mean? You said it a couple of days ago too."

"It is Arabic for child."

"Kind of like how enfant is French for child?!" I said excitedly

He looked down at me and smiled, "Yes, tifl."

I looked up and smiled back at him. I liked it when he called me tifl. It was like I somewhat belonged. I never grew up with parents, just my grandparents. Some nights I would cry myself to sleep because I did not have my mother to tuck me into bed and kiss me on the forehead and tell me that she loves me. I felt a tear roll down my face. I caught it before the man noticed anything.

"Are you excited? Today will be your first day training as an Assassin."

I smiled and looked up at the man.

"I am very excited! I cannot wait to help people like that hooded man helped me!"

The man looked down at me and stopped. I stopped and looked at him. He looked shocked but I could not see much of his face, just his mouth. His mouth was then pulled into a tight line. This time he looked down at me and I could see more of his face. He had light brown eyes and a scare on his upper lip and going down to his bottom.

"Whom is this hooded man whom you speak of?"

"He had a beard I know that!"

"Well, that helps!" the man said sarcastically to himself

"Je suis désolé monsieur. [I am sorry sir] If I knew more about him, I would tell you, but that is all I remember."

I looked at him apologetic and he just looked down at me. His face hidden once more. He bent down to get on my level. He looked at me and I could see his eyes again. They had a small sparkle in the light. I wonder if that sparkle has always been there.

"It is okay, tifl. I just want to know whom brought you here."

"Pourquoi?"

"Because I would like to thank them for bringing such a beautiful girl into our Creed."

I smiled at him as he stood up so that he was standing again. I looked up at him as we continued to walk. As we walked, I grabbed his hand and held it. He did not pull away, instead, he closed his big hand around my small one and we walked to the training circle. The boy whom I battled with the other day ran up to me. He passed me a wooden sword and I let go of the man's hand and grabbed the sword. We ran off to the training circle and started to mess around. I could tell he has trained for a while now, while I have only read moves.

We started to hit our sword together and laugh the whole time. Once the trainer came between us and stopped us, I turned around to see if the man was still there. He was gone. I looked around but found no one. I was startled when the boy spoke to me;

"What is your name?"

"Harees. Yours?"

"Sef. We should probably go sit down before we get in trouble."

I nodded my head and then walked to the center of the circle. I sat down beside Sef. I paid attention to the trainer. My parents would be very proud . . . if I had any.

* * *

Training was over and the man was there again. Sef ran to the man and hugged him. He hugged him back and said something to him before I could get over there. When I got over there, Sef turned to me and smiled.

"I will see you next training day!"

He left and waved to me. I smiled and waved back. I looked up at the man and he was smiling at me. I kept my smile on my face. He nudged his head towards the hill and we started to walk down so that I could go home. We walked down the hill and headed to the stables. He put me on the horse and then jumped up himself. The horse started moving and then we were off and heading back to Acre. I enjoyed the ride for the most part but when we were close to Acre, I had to talk to him.

"What is your name?"

"Well, you would call me assayed [sir] or Mentor."

"I like Mentor."

"I would prefer ab. [father]" he whispered to himself

"Quoi?"

"Nothing, tifl."

There was silence before I spoke up again;

"Why do you wear different robes than everybody else?"

"It is based on rank."

"So that means you have a higher rank than everybody else or you have a lower rank?"

"I have a higher rank."

I sat in silence until I got home. Mentor got off the horse and then got me off. He adjusted his saddle and then looked down at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I look away and then back to the Assassin in front of me.

"He was a lower rank."

"Whom was a lower rank?" he asked

"The man who helped my friend. The one that made me interested in being an Assassin. He had a lower rank than you."

He smiled and then looked back at his horse. He brushed the horses hair and then looked back to me.

"I will see you in a few days."

He got up on his horse as I waved to him as he left. I walked in my house and went to my room.

What was so important about me that he has to go and look for the man who brought me to the Assassins?

--------------------------------

So, exams are monday. Yippie freakin' hurray. Notice the heavy sarcasm. Anyway, thought I should let you guys know what's going on in my life. Also, the bus drivers and the janitors decide to go on strike next week and I have no way of getting to school. . . this should be an intresting week to come. 

Anyway, that ending though! Why would I be mean and end a chapter on a qestion? I don't know, ask the devil himself. I'm sorry, I'm going crazy because I have a project that needs to be passed in my tonight yall! It's cray cray up in here! On a side note, understand that I say cray cray to make fun of it, I don't mean it. 

I'm just going off again. Sorry about that. I'm going to stop myself before I get too off track.

Vote and leave some feedback!

-hey895