Chapter 1.

Copyright © 2012 AllTimeNutella

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delilah's POV

"Delilah, you're going to be late for school." My mum said as she emerged into my room at 6 in the morning. She drew back the curtains letting the blinding sunset seep through the windows. I groaned in response, I hated school and I was never eager to start the day. "Come on, up now." She hollered at me whilst flinging back my duvet which caused me to shiver.

"Noo." I groaned again while trying to pull back the duvet but I was too weak in the morning and my mum quickly walked off with it. I had no choice to get up now. I wandered over to my walk in wardrobe and browsed over the clothes nearer the entrance and turning my nose up at all of them. They were the clothes my parents bought me; they have never understood my fashion choices and probably never will. I carried on walking through until I reached the section of the wardrobe where I kept the clothes I actually wear. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a Glamour Kills jumper and headed for the shower. I stepped into my en suite to see our maid had tied up, I'm not a very tidy person so I guess I should be grateful we have a maid, but honestly I hate it. I walked into the shower and let the jets hit my body awakening me for the day. I washed my hair and wrapped a towel around myself before appearing back in my room. I stood in front of the mirror wondering what to do with my hair today but as usual, I decided on my everyday hairstyle. I combed through my long dark brown hair and blow dried it. I combed the remaining tangles out and put it back out of the way in its usual messy bun on the back of my head. I changed into my chosen outfit and flopped on my bed hoping today would be over already. I peered over at my dresser and saw my clock read 7, I jumped up unenthusiastically and straightened out my clothes. I dawdled my way downstairs and carried on towards the kitchen where my mum and dad were already eating breakfast.

"Oh, dear." My mum spoke as she walked over to me and inspected my outfit. I rolled my eyes at her daily remark. "We've bought you so many nice clothes but you always choose to wear the same things."

"Maybe because I don't like the clothes you buy me." I stated matter-of-factly whilst perching up on a bar stool under the table.

"But they would suit you so well." She gushed.

"They wouldn't suit me, they would suit you." I said, shovelling a pancake in my mouth.

"Now don't be like that and eat like the lady you are." She replied as she sipped her tea and making the extra effort of sticking her pinky finger in the air. I rolled my eyes again, I wasn't much of a lady and I definitely didn't take after my mum.

"Your eyes will fall out if you continue to roll them." My dad interjected. He gave me a disapproving look peering over the top of his newspaper. I ignored his comment and continued to eat the pancakes our cook had made fresh this morning. "Right, I better go, see you later." My dad spoke as he gave my mum a quick peck on the lips and me a peck on the cheek. "Have a good day at school." He pointed at me with a stern glare. "And have a good day at work honey." He said towards my mum whilst he straightened his tie in the mirror and brushed the remains of his breakfast of his Giorgio Armani suit. I heard the front door slam shut and his range rover reverse down the driveway. I watched my mum wave him off, she stood there elegantly in her sapphire dress and heels. My mum was beautiful, another reason why I didn't take after her.

"Right, we better go too, we don't want you being late to school." She spoke, picking up one of her many handbags.

"Yeah, we wouldn't want that." I replied sarcastically. I grabbed my school satchel and my iPhone which was lying on the dresser in the hallway.