Chapter 15.

Delilah's POV

"Delilah what time do you call this?" My mum spoke directly into my face as soon as I walked through the door.

"11?" I replied, stating the obvious answer.

"Where have you been? What have you been doing?"

"I was at Riley's house, we watched TV, next question?"

"I'm not sure about this Riley character; he's keeping you out late on school nights."

"Mum, we lost track of time, no big deal. Now I'm off to bed, I'm knackered."

"Are you being safe?" She said just above a whisper. I stopped dead in my tracks in the middle of the staircase.

"What?" I asked annoyed she would even think I'm like that.

"Are you being safe, you know..." She said loud enough so I could hear but no my dad who was watching TV in the front room.

"Mum, we've been going out 2 days, what sort of person do you think I am?" I asked rhetorically and stormed my way upstairs leaving my mum speechless. I closed my bedroom door and sighed. I couldn't wait to move out, no more interrogations every time I walk through the front door. I threw off all my clothes and slipped into my pyjamas. I went straight to sleep that night.

Even though I slept the entire night I was still exhausted the next morning. I didn't wait for my mum to come barging through instead I hit the off button on my alarm and hauled myself out of bed. I groggily walked over to the shower and stepped inside. Since my hair was only recently dyed some of it was still running out. Once the flow of dye stopped I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and my hair. I pondered what to wear and settle on black skinny jeans and baseball shirt with purple sleeves which stopped just below the elbow. I quickly got dressed since the morning air was seeping through my room and making me shiver. I slid the towel of my hair as I went to sit in front of the mirror. I brushed through the long tangled mess, I felt like I was pulling my hair out every time I reached a new tangle. I quickly blow dried it, most of the heat was aimed at my body since I was still cold. Eventually I finished drying it and I dug out the straighteners my mum once bought me that were still sat in their box, brand new. I threw the box away and plugged them in. While I waited for them to heat up I applied my usual eyeliner. The straighteners heated up a lot faster than I anticipated. I made the mistake of touching them to feel whether they were hot, yes they bloody were. I picked them up by the right end and flat ironed all of my hair, getting rid of any sign of curls or waves. After a good 20 minutes I was finally done. For once I wasn't going to school with my usual brown hair in a messy bun. I was going to school with my long light purple hair straightened down the majority of my back. Half my hair hung loosely over my shoulders warming my neck up. I sprayed hairspray on my fringe so the wind wouldn't blow it out of place, other than that I was done.

I stepped into the kitchen where my dad was sitting reading over his usual newspaper. I never did understand what he found so interesting about yesterday's news, he watches it on tv all the time anyway. I sat at the kitchen island and helped myself to the jar of Nutella. I started dipping in anything I could fine. I started with slices of apple, I then moved onto a banana, that didn't taste great. I decided to leave it there.

"So when do we get to meet this Riley then?" My dad spoke up.

"When he's not working." I replied raiding the fridge looking for something to take to school.

"And when's that?" He asked sounding annoyed.

"The weekend." I replied whilst watching my mum walk into the kitchen.