Chapter 44.

Delilah's POV

"Hey mum." I tried to smile as she swung the door open.

"Delilah, wh- what are you doing here?" She asked startled and wondering why her daughter was on her doorstep at 1 in the morning.

"I was hoping to have my room back." I said concentrating on the ground.

"Of course you can." She said enveloping me in a hug.

"Where's dad?"

"Sleeping." She replied helping me in the door. "My big girls finally 18." She gushed.

"Yep, the big one eight." I replied dragging my suitcases in. "Have you not gone to bed yet?" I asked eyeing her normal day outfit and not pyjamas.

"I'm not really tired."

"Me neither." I sighed.

"Wanna tell me why your cheeks are tear stained over a bottle of Bacardi?"

"You didn't even have to ask." I grinned.

"So trouble in paradise?" She asked pouring our second drinks.

"Pretty much." I said gulping down the liquid, I could feel it burning against my throat, the more alcohol I consumed the more my head would spin.

"What happened?"

"Well, we er, we went to a club." I stuttered. "Few shots later, Harry was getting it on with some blonde chick." I finished hiccupping throughout.

"Was he drunk?"

"Yeah, well sort of, tipsy, like me." I giggled, why am I giggling? This isn't funny. "He's been acting weird recently." I added settling into a serious mode.

"Why?" She slurred.

"He's going to break up with me, I can tell." I said, the tears starting running uncontrollably down my face.

"Hey, hey, you don't need to cry over him." My mum said trying to comfort me.

"I can't help it, I thought he loved me." I wailed.

"C'mon, let's get you to bed before you flood the room." She joked helping me up.

"I'm fine mum, I'm gonna get a glass of water, you go to bed." I said wobbling on my feet.

"Okay, night." She said before wobbling out the room herself. I waited until I heard her bedroom door close, I didn't go to the kitchen to get any water, I grabbed the bottle of Bacardi of the table and crawled, literally up the stairs. I was already seeing double but the pain was still there. I reached my room and slid down the door and unscrewed the cap on the bottle without thinking about the consequences. I could hear my phone beeping, I grabbed it and slung it across the room and watched it shatter into pieces. I could have sat there all night until I realised the bottle was empty, I dropped it on the floor near my bed as I struggled over to it. It didn't smash luckily. I couldn't be bothered to find any pyjamas so I slung my dress off and snuggled under the covers, dreading the hangover tomorrow.

I could have continued to sleep all day if I wasn't woken by a rather loud disturbance downstairs.

"She won't want to see you." My mum shouted, her voice pierced my ears causing a stupid amount of pain. I threw my pillow over my head and tried to go back to sleep. "She's still sleeping!" I heard my mum shout again as footsteps proceeded towards my room. I didn't care who was on the way up, they were determined but I wasn't in the mood to see anyone, at all. I heard a voice mutter something back before there was a knock on the door.

"Go away." I mumbled into my pillow. They clearly didn't hear me, I heard the door click open and a pair of footsteps. I didn't bother to move, the bright light of the morning would only blind me.