Chapter 18.

Harry's POV

"Well, I'm going to head off, people to see places to be." Delilah announced, her words cut the tension like a knife.

"Goodbye sweetie, pop round anytime you like." My mum called after her. My heartbeat began racing a lot faster than normal; I knew questions were going to be fired at me like a machine gun. I heard the front door slam shut and closed my eyes, afraid of what was about to come.

"What is that freak doing inside your house?" Charlotte snarled. My mum quickly exited the room, well there goes my back up I thought.

"I don't know." I lied.

"Do you actually think we believe that?" Zayn asked.

"Do you?" I asked, wondering if they actually did.

"We're not idiots." He replied. "What was she doing here?"

"I don't know, her parents know my parents, that's it." I said, which was pretty much true.

"So are you like friends with her?" Niall asked, clearly confused by all of this.

"No." I replied bluntly.

"Then why did you defend her in school?" Charlotte asked with her evil grin.

"Because you were out of order." I replied causing her to look shocked.

"Since when did you become so protective over her?"

"I didn't, you don't have to be mean to everyone you know." I told her.

"Dude, you've changed." Zayn spoke.

"For the better I hope." I replied, which ended the conversation and left an awkward silence lingering over us all.

"Well, maybe we should all go." Louis spoke up, finally he said something sensible.

"Good idea." I replied. I led them all to the front door and let them all out, Louis hung around after they had exited.

"You're gonna have to tell them all soon." He stated, speaking quietly in case any of them could still hear.

"Tell them what?" I asked.

"About you and Delilah." He said almost as if I was dumb.

"There is nothing to tell."

"Really?"

"There is no me and Delilah." I sighed.

"Not yet." He replied before leaving me standing there pondering several thoughts.

Delilah's POV

"Shut up!" I shouted into my pillow as my alarm rang the next morning. Why couldn't it be the weekend already? I was having sleep withdrawal symptoms, there was a rerun of season 7 of Criminal Minds on all night, I didn't switch my TV off until 4.30am and I was having withdrawal symptoms from Riley, I hadn't seen him in a couple of days and I missed him. I sounded like a love sick teenager but I really did miss him.

I was late to school, which didn't come as a surprise since I did accidentally go back to sleep and my mum was running late to so she forgot to wake me. She dropped me off right outside of school; however this time there was no-one else around. I clambered out of the car dragging my heavy satchel full off unnecessary books and basic school crap. I walked down the corridor humming the words to 6 months by Hey Monday. I opened the door to the silent form room, everyone's heads shot up as usual whenever someone walked into the classroom.

"Nice of you to join us Delilah." The teacher announced.

"You're welcome." I said before he could finish his sentence.