Chapter 19.

Delilah's POV

I sat alone in my bedroom popping bubble-gum bubbles to drown out the silence that was surrounding me. Both my parents were at work and the rest of the house was silence. This was only my second day off school and I was actually bored. Riley was busy with university lectures and I had no-one else to talk to. I had already spent far too many hours on my laptop and I had watched all the Criminal Minds I needed to see so now I was left with nothing to do. I wasn't allowed to leave the house; my parents had me under lock and key. They weren't too amused to find out that I had participated in a food fight and ended up getting suspended. Oh well, the past is the past and they can't change it.

I trundled downstairs, leaving my bedroom for the first time in several hours. The house was rather eerie when you're home alone. Everything seemed to creak and objects around seemed to make strange noises on their own. I kept Charles by my side as I wandered through to the kitchen in search of something to fill the empty void in my stomach. I rummaged through the cupboards looking for something prepared since my cooking skills didn't range too far. These are the times when I needed our Chef. Mac and cheese couldn't be hard to make I thought as I pulled a bag of pasta out of the cupboard. I found some cheese in the fridge, I didn't know how long it had been in there but it smelt fine. I added the ingredients to a saucepan and set them on the cooker. Just as the pasta was almost done the power went out. Typical, just my luck. I picked up a spoonful of my interesting creation and smelt it, it didn't smell too great so I scooped it up and shoved it into the bin. I sat on a bar stool and pondered on what to do next.

For several minutes I sat completely still on the bar stool, not even thinking, just staring into thin air. I didn't even flinch when Charles jumped on my lap. After snapping back into reality I tried flicking on a light, the power was still out. Even though it was daylight it was slightly creepy, I checked the fuse box and all the switches were turned on, it must be an electricity line thing.

There wasn't much to do inside the house without any power so I decided to venture to the outside world, I knew I was supposed to stay inside but I would be back before my parents would even get back. I didn't have anywhere specific to go so I slowly dragged my feet down the driveway and out of the gates. I pulled my iPod out of my pocket and my accompanied headphones. I flicked it onto shuffle and hummed along with the songs which played within my ears, slowly bringing a smile to my face.

I didn't bring any money with me; however buying something to eat would have been a reasonable idea. I ended up sat at the park, it was completely empty, the only things that made any noise were the rustling of leaves beneath my feet and on the trees. I sat on the swing for a while but there is only so much swinging one person can take. I lurched myself of the swing and exited the children's play area and took a seat on the slight hill, coated in a thick layer of fresh green grass. I stretched my arms out and rested them behind my head while I gathered my thoughts.

After 10 minutes I sat up, I had done enough thinking about stuff I shouldn't be thinking about. I sat up and reached for my phone which was in my back pocket. I slid it out and skimmed through messages, I was so bored, I needed someone to talk to. Riley was in the middle of a lecture right now so I scrolled through my contacts. I don't think my parents would appreciate me ringing them whilst they were at work so I continued scrolling. No-one seemed to interest me until I stopped abruptly and let out a small laugh. I totally forgot Harry had put his number in my phone and I expected him to just put; Harry. However he put; Styles, Harry Styles. Does he think he's James Bond or something? I didn't see what harm it could do and he was the only other person not at school so I clicked on his contact and rang the number on the screen. It rang a few times before he picked up, for once sounding obscurely normal.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey, it's Delilah." I tried to say as normally as possible.

"Yeah, I know. I have your number." He stated, I could tell he was holding back from laughing.