Chapter 51.

Delilah's POV

"Four seasons hotel." I managed to mutter out to the cab driver.

"Rough night?"

"You could say that." I sighed relaxing into the seat.

"Boy troubles?" He asked trying to spark up a conversation but all I wanted to do was sit in silence and go to sleep.

"No." I replied closing my eyes.

"Course not." He muttered just loud enough so I could hear. He sped off down the motorway, my gaze was fixated on the street lights at the side of the road, we were going too fast for my brain to distinguish each one so they all moulded together building a massive light spectrum. Luckily it was only a short journey, I noticed the bright hotel entrance and sat up right in my seat.

"How much do I owe you?" I asked as I waited to leave.

"Don't worry about it." He smiled.

"But why?" I asked shocked.

"You look like you've had a bad night, you deserve it." He replied flashing his toothy grin.

"Oh, thank you, I appreciate it." I said trying to smile as I clambered out of the car. My legs wobbled as they carried me inside the hotel and through the lobby. I tried to ignore the stares of other occupants, I no doubt had make-up smeared down my face from crying and it wouldn't surprise me to find a handprint emblazoned onto my cheek. I waited for the elevator to ding at the ground floor, as soon as it arrived I stepped into the empty box and quickly pressed the door button so no-one was able to join me. I pressed floor 8 and waited patiently as it rose passed every other level. It came to a grinding halt, almost sending me flying, at my floor. I stepped off and practically ran to my room. I slammed the door shut as soon as I was inside, I was finally able to breathe, no-one talking to me, looking at me or questioning me. I walked into my bedroom and ripped off my heels letting my feet finally breathe and relax. I leaned back on the bed and closed my eyes taking in the peace and quiet. I tried to remain calm but I had been bottling up emotions for too long and tears just burst out, it was like a flowing river down my face. I tried to calm myself but I would only work myself up even more, if anyone ever saw me in this taste I don't think I could ever see them again. The peace and quiet, minus my rapid breathing, was disrupted by my phone in my bag ringing. I let it ring and ring, I didn't want to talk to anyone at this moment in time. After it stopped ringing I breathed a sigh of relief thinking it was over but it suddenly sparked up, I waited again for it stop but it would only start again straight after. I had, had enough of the constant ringing through my ears, I still had tears pouring down my face so my vision was blurred but I managed to hunt around for my phone, I didn't read the caller I.D instead I shoved it straight next to my ear, ready to give the person on the end of the phone a piece of mind.

"What?" I asked clearly annoyed.

"Are you crying?" A calm voice rang through the other end.

"What?" I choked out a little calmer. I wiped a few tears from my eyes and pulled the phone away from my ear so I could read the caller I.D "Why are you ringing mum?" I asked.

"What's happened?" She asked, worry filling her voice.

"N-nothing." I stuttered.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm not." I lied trying to sound convincing.

"Do you have a hoarse voice?" She asked concerned.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Hunny, why didn't you tell me?" She replied ignoring my question.

"What?"

"I could have helped you."