Chapter 25.

Delilah's POV

"Technically me and Harry didn't start the food fight but-" I was stopped mid conversation between everyone around the dinner table by my phone ringing. "Excuse me." I spoke before leaving the table and sitting on the bottom step of the stairs.

"What are you doing?" Riley fired down the phone at me before I could even speak.

"Hello to you to." I spoke with sarcasm.

"What are you doing?" He repeated, he sounded annoyed.

"Having dinner, why?" I asked sounding alarmed, his voice seemed unstable, he sounded like he had been drinking. He didn't have a drinking problem, but everyone handles alcohol differently.

"Is he there?" He snarled.

"What?" I said at his stupid question.

"Is he there?!" He practically shouted, pausing in-between each word.

"What are you talking about? Who?" I replied rubbing my forehead.

"Harry." He snarled.

"Um, yeah." I said, didn't he trust me?

"I knew it." He spoke.

"His parents are here too, my parents are their friends." I said defending myself.

"They're not around you all the time though are they?"

"Riley you're just being stupid!" I protested.

"Am I?" I could picture him raising his eyebrows at the phone.

"Yes, yes you are." I said raising my voice.

"Why are you acting like you have something to hide?" He snarled.

"Don't you trust your own girlfriend?!" I practically shouted. "I have to get back to dinner." I spoke calmly before hanging up, before he could even respond. I took a deep breath and plastered a smile on my face before I walked back into the dining room. I just hoped no-one heard any of that.

"Everything alright?" My mum asked whilst I walked back into the room, I knew she could sense there was something wrong.

"Just peachy." I responded not wanting to delve into what just happened. I took my seat back next to Harry where I pushed the remaining food around my plate, it had gone cold anyway.

The parents finally enveloped themselves into a separate conversation in which I wouldn't have to involve myself in.

"You okay?" Harry asked looking concerned.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Didn't sound like it." He replied.

"What?"

"We all sort of heard." He said scratching the back of his head.

"Oh."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I will be." I retorted.

"When?"

"When what?"

"When will you be okay?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

"You deserve better."

"So you keep saying."

"It's true."

"Prince Charming isn't going to appear out of my wardrobe anytime soon, Riley's the only one who seems to appreciate me." I said in intense thought.