Chapter 2

Niall's POV:

"We're taking my car." I tell Tori as we walk to the parking lot. Tori raises an eyebrow at me. I smile a wide grin, before dumping my bag on her and running to my range rover parked right at the front.

"Niall you little shit!" She screams at me as I laugh, open the drivers door and jump in. She stamps her foot on the ground, and huffs. Even from here I can see it. She walks with my bag in her hand and opens the passenger side door. "I hate you." She mumbled, but I can hear the amusement behind her fake anger. I smirk.

"I'd watch what you say Tori, this is my car and you did invite me over to save your butt from  being alone... But now I'm having second thoughts." I tease, tapping my chin. Her eyes wide and as she buckles her seatbelt.

"No. I was joking, I love you!" She cries out, making me throw my head back in laughter. She giggles with me as I reverse out of the parking space and drive out of the school grounds. Tori and I have a strange friendship, we act like a couple, but we aren't. And I know that we may never be. There was even rumours going around the school that we're dating, but Tori being Tori just laughed at it. I would date her, she's the only girl that gets me. She knows my background, what I've been through and has helped me through everything. Just like I do to her. But again, I don't think that would ever happen. Even though it hurts to say that. In case you haven't figured it out, I have a crush on my Best Friend. Yeah, I know it sounds like one of those teenage romances but I'm not kidding.

I have had a crush on her for 11 years now. I just never get tired of her. She's overall, an amazing girl and I'm lucky to have her as my Best Friend. "That's better." I smile, glancing at her then back at the road. I noticed from the corner of her eye that she had her head leant against the window and her eyes followed the cars that drove past.

"You're helping me cook tonight, just a reminder." She stated, taking her head off the window to look at me. I glanced at her, then back at the road.

"So your not going to be my kitchen bitch?" I joked, smiling goofily. She narrowed her eyes and shoved my shoulder slightly. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"No. You're going to help." She said, sticking her tongue out childishly. I chuckled and nodded my head in agreement, it's not the first time I've cooked with her. The first time we actually cooked was when we baked cookies when we were 10. Let's just say we almost burnt the house down. But thanks to Tori's Mum, we learnt how to cook.

Your probably wondering why I never said my Mum. Well, I never knew my Mum. Or Dad for that matter. I lived with my Aunt for most of my life, but moved into my own house that I rent at 17. Only Tori knows about it, and that's how I plan to keep it.

"What are we cooking?" I asked curiously. She scrunched up her face, a sign that she was thinking. She always did that in these situations.

"I'm feeling some spaghetti?" She suggested, smiling. I smile, nodding eagerly. Tori makes the best spaghetti I've ever tasted. She'd have a good cooking career if she went into hospitality. We pulled up in the drive way and the car pulled to a stop. I killed the engine and pulled out the keys before unbuckling my seatbelt and jumping out. I shut the door with my hip and ran over to the passengers side and opened the door for Tori. She smiled, "Such a gentleman." She spoke in a British accent.

"Why thank you, Madam." I bowed, mimicking the accent only failing horribly. She erupted into a fit of giggles as she walked towards the front door. I slammed the door shut and locked it with my electric remote. The lights flickered twice, signalling it was locked. I caught up with Tori when she pushed open the front door of the house and stepped inside, I followed and shut the door behind me. We walked to the kitchen and I sat on one of the island stools. Tori walked around to the opposite side of the island and stared at me.