Chapter 29

Tori's POV: 

Everything was literally frozen. I couldn't move. The lump in my throat made it hard to breath, I was stuck in shock. My mind was swirling around every thought possible, making it hard for me to speak. I couldn't function. I was just, still. 

My eyes slowly drifted to Niall, I could see his lips moving, concered eyes looking into mine. I blinked a few times and rubbed my ears in attempt to hear him. Niether worked as my face formed into a confused frown. I couldn't hear him, I couldn't hear anything at that. Suddenly a piercing noise sounded around the room, but it seemed like no one else could hear it. I shook my head before the sound began to subside. I began to hear voices, very faintly, but they were there. 

"She's just in shock, I'll get her some water." I heard a feminine voice speak up before the clanking of heels dissapeared. I rubbed my eyes again, hearing another voice. It was louder and clearer this time. 

"Tori, are you okay?" My eyes drifted to Niall again and I realised it was him talking. I nodded my head once slightly, making him sigh in relief. "At least you're responding. The nurse has gone to get you some water, she'll be back in a few seconds." I nodded again. I don't know why I reacted like I did, maybe because the stress just got doubled, and knowing we'll have to work twice as hard. Also the fact that I have two babies to give birth to. It was just, more scarier now. 

I heard the slam of a door before someone rushed to my side with a cup in hand. I looked up and gave Irene a small smile. She handed me the cup and I gently raised it to my lips, taking small sips. I coughed slightly to get my voice back. I still had a shock from finding out I was pregnant with two, but pushed the thought aside for the moment and tried relaxing myself. 

"That was a bit of a surprise." Irene joked, sitting back down on the chair. I smiled before taking another sip, I didn't quite know what to say or do, so I sat there in silence. "Well thank god you're alright now." She sighed and looked back to the screen. "If you'd like to continue?" She suggested, making me nod. "I'm not sure why or how, I didn't see the second child, but things like this happen in rare cases of course. Sometimes a child can be developped first, then the other can as well. We're not exactly sure why yet, but we're studying into it further. Things like this rarely happen." She explained. All I did was nod. 

"Now that's cleared, I'm guessing you'd like to know the gender too?" She asked, a small smile graced on her face. 

"That'd be great, thanks." Niall answered for me. Again, I nodded along. 

"Right," Irene mumbled to herself, pushing herself closer to the screen. She put the stick back on my stomach, trying to find our sudden second baby. "That is your little girl, and," She mumbled, another shadow popped up onto the screen again making her smile. "There! Okay, let me look." She said louder. We waited a few seconds before she turned to us with wide smile. "A boy and girl! Both very healthy, you're doing a good job on the eating, which is super. So there you have it, congratulations again!" She laughed.

Sure, I was almost twice as scared as I already was, but that meant my excitement had been doubled too. I looked over to Niall, his smile wider than a chesire cat's. "A boy and a girl? It's perfect!" He exclaimed. I laughed to myself. It really was the perfect match, a boy and a girl, what more could you want? Irene wiped off the gel from my stomach and stood, walking over to the bench on the otherside of the room. I stood off of the seat and in front of Niall. I was still a bit shaky, but firm enough to stand.

"Come here," I laughed, opening my arms for a hug. He smiled, standing and wrapping his long arms around my waist. I wrapped mine around his lower back and dug my face into his shirt. It smelled of that same colonge. I could feel his fingers playing with the ends of my hair as he breathed in heavily. 

"Guess what we'll be doing this afternoon?" He asked, smirking at how it sounded. I bit back and laugh and crooked my head to the side. 

"What are we doing this afternoon?" I questioned, mimicing him. His smirk grew wider. 

"Well," He began and I could tell he was holding back a laugh. "Obviously picking a name." He said quickly in a more serious tone. I laughed silently, shaking my head. 

"I blame you if our son turns into a smart ass." I said, poking his chest. Niall raised an eyebrow at me, his smirk falling back into place.

"Oh really?" I nodded my head. "So does that mean, if our daughter turns into a little-miss-know-it-all, I can blame you?" He laughed. I narrowed my eyes at him, slapping him playfully. He laughed again in response. I can't even remember the last time Niall and I acted like this, it seemed like forever ago back when we were in high school. But I guess now that we're parents, we've matured a lot more. Sometimes it's a benefit, but other times you just want to muck around. I guess that isn't too hard when you have Niall around though. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Terribly sorry if this is crap guys, I'm really tired and wrote this in a rush because I just felt like writing and forced myself too. Plus I have a sore back and it just sucks because I had to stand for 3 hours. Anyways, the chapter is dedicated toooooooooooooo........

@Oreos72000! 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND ARE GLAD THAT THIS FANFIC ISN'T LIKE MOST. THERE'S NOTHING MORE THAT ANNOYS ME THAN THE SAME FANFICS OVER AND OVER AND OVER! SO THANK YOU, THAT MADE ME REALLY HAPPY! 

AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO COMMENTED, THEY MADE ME LAUGH :') YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST READERS EVER! I LOVE YOU ALL! 

(Also, I'm still doing the game thing, so if you want to be noticed then gurrrrrrl (or boy) you gotta comment and wait!) 

~k e l s e y x