Chapter 57

Tori's POV: 

"We're home!" I called, not too loudly unless the twins were asleep. I heard footsteps approaching the front door quickly and in seconds, Harry, Liam, Zayn and Louis stood in front of Niall and I. They're faces were red, hair a mess and looked like they hadn't slept in weeks. I raised my eyebrows. 

"Jesus, you lads look like you've just ran twenty laps of a football field." Niall commented. Liam drew out an exhausted breath. 

"If you need a baby sitter, call Chloe." Harry said, almost out of breath. They all filed out the door in a line and left. I turned around, confused as hell and saw Chloe standing with both babies in her arms, asleep. She smiled innocently. 

"They can't handle this." Was all she said before we all laughed under our breaths. 

***

"Tori get up," Niall mumbled into my ear. I groaned against the pillow and tried to swat him away. "Tori, your parents are back. I think you need to get up." I felt my stomach drop and my lungs tighten. I opened my eyes slowly and stared blankly at the wall. 

"Right," I said quietly, with attitude clear in my voice. "Tell them I'll be out soon." He nodded his head, aware of my mood and walked out. I took my time brushing my teeth and hair, having a shower, getting in clean clothes. But the time I dreaded had finally come, and I sucked in a deep breath through my nose as I walked down the hallway. I came around the corner to them again sitting on the couch. Deja vu?

"Sorry to wake you." Mum apologised. I just nodded and looked at the ground. I moved to sit down on the opposite couch and waited for them to say something. 

"Thank you for taking the time to think about this and being considerate about it." Dad explained, clamping his hands shut together. I nodded again, only thinking of Lucas and how they allowed both of their children to slip through their fingers on their command. 

"Tell me one good reason why I should agree to let you back into my life?" I demanded, they looked towards the floor in shame. Mum was the first to look up with glossy eyes, shielded with tears. She sniffed and wiped her face. 

"I know we don't deserve it, and you have all the right reason to. But I - we, need our daughter back. We don't want to miss you growing into your family and whatever else there is to come. We want to be there for our daughter and grandchildren to make up for the time we lost with you." She sniffed. I took her words in consideration. Part of me wanted to accept them back into my life, but the disappointment still boiled in me. But I guess you can't always hold grudges, they are my parents anyway. 

"Did you want to meet them?" I quietly asked. I watched their faces light up in shock. I turned to Niall, nodding my head. He stood and disappeared into the twins room, minutes later reappearing with them in each hand. I smiled and took Caleb from him, moving over towards Mum. She gasped as she reached her arms out and held him to her chest. 

"Oh he's gorgeous." She whispered and stroked his head with her thumb. 

"His name is Caleb," I gave her a small smile as tears threatened to fall from her eyes. "That's Diana." I motioned towards who Dad was holding, but he was already crying. It gave me a little boost of hope to see their reactions. Maybe they really meant what they said. 

"I'm so proud of the both of you." Dad smiled. Niall and I smiled in return, I guess we weren't in the most talkative moods. 

*** 

"Did you need any help?" I heard Mum's voice ask from entrance of the kitchen. I shook my head as I placed the freshly made sandwiches on the plate. 

"No thank you, I've got it." I smiled.. She walked over anyway, placing a hand on my shoulder to get my attention. I turned my head to look at her, her eyes flickered between the two of mine before she blinked and looked away. She took the plate and walked out without a word. I didn't complain and followed her to the lounge room again. Dad and Niall were sitting holding the twins and playing with them with no doubt cause a smile to crack onto my face. 

"Here is some snacks." Mum spoke, placing them down on the table. They straight away grabbed the food and gulped it down. Boys. A knock at the door had us all pause and go silent. I frowned and look at Niall. He shrugged his shoulders and handed Diana to Mum, excusing ourselves to see who was inviting themselves over. I opened the door and gasped when I saw Lucas standing there with a wide grin and shopping bags in his hands. 

"Uh.." I stuttered as he walked past me with a simple 'hey'. I turned and looked at Niall with wide eyes. We quickly followed after him into the house, but when we finally found him, he was frozen in place, staring at certain people. The bags he held were spread out on the floor. 

Niall and I walked towards him in caution, I turned around the corner but our parents were the same. Frozen. Oh shit, if anything I wanted it was not for Lucas to rock up and find our parents here. That's the worst way to see your family again. I felt Niall wrap his arm around the small of my back. I wasn't sure if It were a gesture to get me to move back in case or he was reasurring me that he was here, no matter what. 

I didn't respond, my first instinct was to get the twins back into my arms. And so I did, striding towards the couple I took them from their arms, almost forcefully. They didn't even flinch, and no one had said a word. Tension was floating in the air and making my stomach knot. 

"Is that really you Luc-" Dad began but was cut off by an angry voice. 

"Don't." He said through gritted teeth. His eyes burned in anger, and for some reason I felt guilty too. I felt part of this had been my fault. His eyes landed on me just as I had thought that. "You didn't bother to tell me?" He asked, his hand pointing to them. The veins in his neck disappeared and reappeared with each word he spat. His jaw was tensed and nostrils flared with every intake of his breath. I opened my mouth to speak, but my throat felt clogged. It's like I had forgotten to speak. "Answer!" He yelled as tears pricked his eyes. Niall stepped closer to him with a concered frown on his face, reminding him of his presence. 

"It was unexpected-" I tried, but was cut off again. 

"And you still didn't bother to text me or call me!" He sucked in sharply and turned towards Mum and Dad. "And what about you two? Did you just forget about me? Decided I wasn't good enough to take back? Because I have a different sexual interest?" They shook their heads, Mum's eyes were already welling. 

"Lucas please, let us explain to you." She whimpered but he slammed his foot on the ground. 

"What is there to explain?! What could there be to have as an excuse?!" He screamed. Diana started to sob, making me clutch them tighter to my chest. I walked into the other room and placed them in their beds to rest. Surely they'd fall asleep. I walked back into the chaos, trying to remind myself that this is my broken family and I'll have to eventually fix it. 

"Lucas!" I yelled over him. His head snapped to me, red eyes and a scrunched nose. His lips curved into something like a frown. "Stop yelling, please. There's babies trying to sleep." I sighed, exhausted. He just continued to stare at me and turned his head back to Mum and Dad. 

"You may have you're daughter back, but trust me it's going to take a lot more than an apology to win your son back." He spat with spite in his tone. He turned his back and walked out of the house, making sure to slam the door hard enough for the walls to shake. I closed my eyes and sucked in sharply at the sound. Just what I needed on a Sunday afternoon. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

YES YA'LL. I KNOW I'M LATE-AAAAAAAAA. BUT I WROTE UP A CHAPTER RIGHT AND BAM, STUPID FUCKING LAPTOP DECIDED TO RESTART SO PLS BARE WITH ME.

I made this longer (I think...) to make up for it c: 

OH OH AND ALSO, UPDATES MAY BE SLOWER DUE TO EXAMS AND SCHOOL WORK BEING DUE THIS WEEK AND NEXT WEEK! ty for understanding <3