Chapter 49

Tori's POV: 

"Welcome home you two." I heard Niall mumble with a small smile on his face as he carried two baby carriers through the door. I smiled and slowly shut the door behind me. After we had all the forms and bills paid, we were finally able to return back to the comfort of home, and Niall promised to make some real food, which I was looking forward to seeing what it was. 

"Are they asleep?" I asked, my voice tired. He nodded, only glancing at me before taking his attention back to them. "Thank god, I can sleep." I yawned. Niall chuckled, picking the carriers back up and walking towards their room. I trailed behind him. 

"They aren't as bad as I thought they'd be." He whispered, placing Caleb in his bed first. I leaned on the door frame, watching carefully. Niall has taken a huge step into responsibility since the twins arrived. I'm just hoping he'll still be goofy and weird when it comes to us, not 'big, responsible Daddy' all the time. Sure, it's brilliant he's taking it seriously, but I still want my Niall when it comes to our time. 

He kissed his head and tucked him in with his blanket before moving onto Diana. He did the same, kissing her forehead and tucking her in then took the carriers to the other side of the room, tucking them under the changing table. I raised my eyebrows once he turned to me. 

"Since when did you get so responsible and mature?" I walked over, with a sway to my hips and clinging my jacket to my skin for warmth. He smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist, thumbs rubbing my lower back. 

"Since now." He mumbled back deeply, slowly kissing my forehead. I smiled and hummed in appreciation. 

"Well I do hope you aren't always so strict." I didn't realise how dirty that sounded until it came out of my mouth. I had to strain myself from laughing as Niall's eyebrows rose. He leant down so his lips were pressed against my ear. 

"We'll see." He said in a raspy tone. I shivered. Oh lord. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a peck on the lips before turning to walk out, but not before I felt a small sting on my ass. I turned around and gave Niall a glare as he smiled cheekily at me. 

That little shit. 

Without even thinking, I walked down the hall and straight into my own room. I flipped open the doona and laid down, closing my eyes immediately. Until there was someone clearing their throat at the door. I opened an eye, just seeing Niall's silhouette. 

"And what do you think you're doing?" He asked with a playful tone. I scrunched my face. 

"Trying to sleep, what's it look like?" I quirked. He shook his head and I could hear his footsteps approaching. 

"Oh no you don't." He mumbled before the covers were thrown off me and I was suddenly picked up in a bridal style. I furrowed my eyebrows as he lead me into another room and laid me back down on another bed. 

"What was the point in that?" I said, not opening my eyes. I was already half asleep, that's just how tired I was. "I'm just back in my bed." It was still my bed, just smelt a little different and the air was slightly cooler, and the covers felt more silky, but still my bed. 

"No, you're in my bed." He chuckled, slipping in next to me. I made an 'ah' sound out of realisation as he rolled me to face him and leant my head on his chest. "I'm not use to you not having your baby belly yet. But now we can properly cuddle, so I'm not complaining." He said in a yawn. I nodded, listening to his heartbeat. The most relieving sound of my life. 

"Your heartbeat is relaxing." I said, without thinking. His chest vibrated as he chuckled. 

"Is that so?" He asked, making me smile. 

"Yep. And your voice." I sighed. "Wait, not just that.. like everything." Yep, here is over-tired Tori. Him knowing me best just laughed and held me tighter. 

"Alright love, you need to sleep." He whispered and kissed my forehead. I nodded as he began humming a small tune, it sounded like 'Life Of The Party' by Shawn Mendes, one of the favourite songs.  (Beautiful song, look it up!) 

Yawning again, I let the thoughts of how lucky I am to have my new family, the most perfect puzzle there'd ever be. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Sorry guys, this one is short assss, but I need to get up early and it's already quite late lololol oops. I hope this is okay, and makes up kind of for the wait :( ugh I feel really bad. I promise I'll start updating like the schedule! LOVE YOU GUYSSS <3 

Omg guys you need to look up that song i lurv et aw yis yis yis. 

IDK I FEEL LIKE SUSHI SO YOU GUYS SHOULD ADD ME ON FACEBOOK, THE LINKS IN MY BIO :D 

I'm random, soz guys. 

LOVE YOU ALL, NO ONE PROBABLY READS THESE BUT YAAAAAH <3 xx

~k e l s e y x