Chapter 17

Tori's POV:

Niall and I barely talked yesterday, for the whole ride home. I don't know why we kissed, or why I made the first move. But something inside me told me it wasn't a mistake, and judging by the butterflies I knew whatever was telling me, was right.

I grabbed my phone off my bed, dialled in works number and waited for the phone to be answered. Several rings passed and I was about to give up before a familiar voice answered. "Hello, Katrina Café services. Marina speaking?" Marina, otherwise known as my boss spoke.

"Marina! Hey, it's Tori. Uh, do you have time to talk?" I asked nervously. Marina is a nice, old lady. She's owned the business for 32 years.

"Yes, yes Tori. How have you been? Is there anything wrong?" She asked sounding concerned. I smiled slightly at her kind heart.

"Everything is fine. I just need to discuss work with you, I won't be able to work for a long time." I huff, pacing my bedroom. I can hear the customers chatting in the background and the sound of coffee machines going off through the phone.

"And why is that, dear?" She asked, clearly confused.

"Um... I'm pregnant." I squeak, the line is silent for a few seconds.

"You're what!? Oh my gosh! Congratulations dear! You can have as long as you wish off, but maybe we can organise a maternity leave? Oh I'm so excited for you! This is what you wanted, yes?" She cheers, making me smile widely. Why couldn't Mum be as excited as she is for me?

"That sounds perfect. And yes, I wouldn't change it for a second." I smiled to myself, looking at myself in the mirror. My stomach is getting quite big, not big as a watermelon, but maybe around a coconut size.

Why am I comparing fruits to my stomach?

"Okay then, I'll sort that out for you. Congratulations again, I hope the Father is a good one! See you soon, make sure to visit!" Marina said, happiness tangled in her words.

"I will, thank you so much! Bye." I said, hanging up. Well thank god she took that well. I threw my phone onto my bed and walked out of the room, the smell of spaghetti filling my senses immediately. I narrowed my eyes, it isn't just any spaghetti... It smells like my spaghetti. I walk down the hall quietly and stick my head around the wall to find Niall humming 'Paper Doll' by John Mayer while stirring the sauce.

"Are you cooking my spaghetti?" I asked, making his eyes lock on mine. He half-smiled and continued stirring as I sat on one of the island stools.

"I did learn from the best." He winked, making me blush.

"You still have the recipe I gave you?" I asked, looking at the cook book sitting open on the bench, my crumpled piece of paper laid on top of the pages, messy writing noted down the ingredients, utensils and method of my famous spaghetti.

"Yep, it's still my favourite. And I've almost mastered it." He said, looking proud. I laughed, standing and pulling out two bowls from the drawer and two glasses from the cupboard, then placed them on the bench next to the stove. I walked back to the kitchen, took out a beer for Niall and a jug of water and put them on the coffee table in front of the TV. He watched me and smirked as he saw the beer in my hand. "You know me too well." He laughed, nodding towards the beer.

I smirked, "How do you know it isn't for me?" I asked, sarcastically. He raised an eyebrow, giving me a 'really' look.

"You're pregnant. Of course you aren't going to drink." He put on a deep voice, making me laugh. He smiled at me, chuckling quietly. I shook my head at him and watched as he piled the pasta into the bowl, topping it with the sauce. I licked my lips, cravingly. Oh how I love spaghetti.

I'm surprised I haven't had that bad of cravings yet... yet.  

I sprinkled it with parmesan cheese, grabbed a fork and walked to the couch. Niall followed me, not long after and sat down next to me. Our knees touching again. I shoved a spoonful of it in my mouth and moaned as my tastebuds danced to the taste. Damn this boy could cook, I think he's even mastered my own recipe!

Mine never tasted this good.

"It's so good." I moaned again, taking another spoonful of it into my mouth. Niall laughed, twirling his fork in the pasta. "No, I'm serious I think you've done better than I do." I complimented. He smiled, pearly white teeth on view.

"I'm not that bad of a cook, geez." He rolled his eyes playfully. I smirked, tapping my chin.

"Well, now that I think about it..." I trail off, he elbows me gently in the arm making me laugh. I felt my stomach churn, making me place the bowl on the table and clutch it. I sucked in through my teeth, squeezing my eyes closed tightly.

"Tori? Are you okay?" Niall asked, sudden worry in his voice. I sucked in again, nodding but the pain got worse. Nope, not okay. I quickly jumped up, ran to the bathroom and vomited straight in the toilet. Seconds later, a hand was at my back and another held my hair up for me. I felt tears rush down my face, I hate vomiting, and especially in front of people.

Niall handed me a towel, I quickly wiped my mouth and stood as a sob escaped my lips. Niall's expression changed from worried, to pitiful. He opened his arms and pulled me into a tight hug, stroking my hair as I shakily breathed into his chest. Tears stained his grey shirt as he hushed me. "I'm sorry for doing this to you." He whispered, I shook my head.

I don't want Niall feeling like this is his fault, if anything it's mine. But then again, I don't regret this. I know I've said it a million times, but I love kids. And I'll go through anything to have one of my own. Even if that means having it at this age. And to go through the pain and vomiting.

"No Niall. It's not you're fault," I wiped my eyes with my hands and sniffed. He gave me an uneasy look and hugged me again.

"Well, I'm still sorry you have to go through this." He sighed, making me clutch him tighter to me. I took in his strong cologne, making my knees go weak. Hell he smelt good.

"Well, I guess she doesn't like spaghetti." I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. Niall smirked, chuckling with me.

"Are you sure she's my baby?" He winked, jokingly. I rolled my eyes.

"Of course she is, you big idiot." I giggled, slapping his chest. He laughed at me as I poked my tongue out at him. This girl is going to have the most childish, un-mature parents ever.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING OH MY GOSH, I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY LATELY LIKE SCHOOL WISE, ALL MY ASSINGMENTS ARE DUE AND EXAMS AND UGH ITS STRESSFUL. BUT ANYWHO, I GOT BRACES YESTERDAY D: They hurt for a bit, but they're all good now. But I go into surgery on the 5th of December :( #ScaredAsShitttttt (sorry for the language)

STAY PRETTY LOVELIES XO

~k e l s e y x