Chapter 5

"Are you going?" Louis asked Harry after their literature class a few days later, holding up a flier with the holiday carnival advert on it. "A carnival should be a fun time Hazz." Liam slid in there from his other side so Harry would know what Louis' talking about. Harry still hadn't found a good time to tell Louis about his condition. It's not something you can necessarily spring out of the blue. 'Yeah I'm really excited for the football championship tomorrow, oh by the way, I'm blind and I haven't told you in the month we've known each other.'

"I dunno. I mean, I haven't been here that long. I wouldn't know anyone." "It's not until next month and you have plenty of friends. I'm not taking no for an answer. They do this carnival every year for Christmas and you're going and you're going with me." "Well maybe I don't want to go with you if you're going to be bossy." Harry pretended to be offended. "I'll go with you, Louis if it'll shut the two of you up." Liam finally chimed in.

Harry ignored him though, "You really want me to go?" "Very much yes." Louis nudged Harry's shoulder trying to be playful, but Liam wanted to gag since it was obviously in a flirty way. "Okay. Fine I'll go." "Fuck yeah!" Louis said a little too loud making two teachers talking to each other turn to look at him. "Sorry 'bout that." Louis said, trying to be charming making them roll their eyes with small smirks on their faces. Harry just remained quiet, unaware of what's going on.

When they got to Louis' class he bid them goodbye, thanking Harry a hundred times for agreeing to go. "So-" Liam began in cheeky tone but Harry immediately stopped him, "Don't. I'm going with him to be friendly. Nothing more." Liam wasn't buying it, and Harry could tell. "I am! Look just because I've sat in the rain to watch his football practice, let him drive me home, and agreed to go to this carnival for him doesn't mean I fancy him." Liam remained silent, telling Harry he still didn't buy it. "Okay. Maybe I fancy him a little." Harry finally admit. "'A little'?"

"Okay! I have a big fat crush on Louis. What more to do you want from me?!" "I fucking knew it." Liam laughed. "Shut up. It'll go away as quickly as it came. I still don't even know if he likes guys." "Wish I could help you there Hazz but I don't know him that well. If you really want to know you should go to Niall. He and Louis are better friends, he probably knows." "No, I don't want to go to anyone else but Louis."

They made it to their class, sitting in their seats and waited for the rest of their classmates to show up. "Well, if the feeling's mutual, which it seemed to be, I'm sure Louis will tell you soon." "I think I should tell him about the blindness before anything else though." "You think you'll do that at the game then?"

Harry thought about it. That may be the best time to do it. Right before Ed Sheeran next week. Louis will be happy since they're expected to win so it won't bum him out too much. "Yeah." Harry smiled, "Yeah I'm going to do it at the game."

*

After school on Friday Zayn and Liam were over Harry's house, helping him pick out something to wear for Louis' game that he would like. "It's the middle of November," Zayn said, "You're going to be wearing a jacket and jeans I don't see how that'll make Louis fall madly in love with you." "Shut up. I know it's silly but haven't you ever liked someone enough to feel stupid around them?" "I guess. Here." Zayn put two jackets in his hands, one with a hood inside a plain one.

Harry put it on, immediately heating up in it. "Is this mine?" "The plain one is." Liam said, "The one with the hood is mine but it's going to be chilly out." "Thanks mate." Harry adjusted the jackets, Liam and Zayn getting a good look at him. "You look cute." Zayn said earning snorts from Liam and Harry. "What? Can't a strait man call his friend cute?" They ignored him since it was time to go. Anne went over last minute concerns before they got the okay to go, piling into Liam's car.