Chapter 16

"Stop, stop, stop. Just stop." Liam said as he hurried over to Harry who was staining on a chair trying to pin the banner up. "What?" Harry asked innocently, "I can do it." "And I believe you but one, it's upside down, and two just get off the damn chair you nut." Harry sighed and stepped off the chair. "I just want to help." He said as Liam took the banner out of his hands. "I know but leave the climbing to someone who can see." Harry stuck out his tongue like a little kid in the direction he believed Liam to be in.

"Come help up with the balloons Hazz." Niall said from the living room with Zayn. Harry picked up his cane that he left leaning against the wall next to the chair and made his way over to the living room, tapping the cane so he wouldn't trip over any furniture. He normally knew the layout of his house well but the furniture had been arranged so they could set up the house.

It was Christmas Eve, but more importantly it was Louis' nineteenth birthday and Harry had the brilliant idea to throw him a party. Zayn and Niall were blowing up balloons, Liam was hanging the decorations, and Anne even made a cake. Harry couldn't really do much and it frustrated him. His friends were more than happy to help but he wished he could do it all on his own for Louis. He couldn't even do the present on his own when he finally figured out what to get Louis. He had to have Liam do most of it for him. "Here mate." Zayn said as he handed him a balloon. "Thanks." Harry said sadly and found the couch before sitting in it.

"You alright Hazz?" Niall asked in between breaths he was blowing into his current balloon. "Yeah. I just wish I could do more." "Oh come on," Zayn said as he patted Harry's back, "You did everything you could which was a lot more than we expected honestly. You're actually very capable Hazz." This perked Harry up a little bit. He can admit he was rather determined to do everything an able-bodied person could do. He often times did surprise people with how much he could do with minimal assistance.

"Thanks Zayn." Harry said a little happier before starting to blow up his balloon. Zayn ruffled his curls before standing up and going back to Niall who was pulling streamers out of a bag. "Banners up." Liam said as he came back into the room. He stepped on a balloon though and it exploded, making everyone yell. "Sorry." He laughed, "There are so many balloons here." "Good." Harry said with a wide smile. He wanted everything to be perfect.

"It's seven." Niall said as he looked at his phone, "Should we get him over?" "Yes!" Harry said excitedly as he stood up. He took out his phone and went to go into the kitchen but Liam grabbed his shirt to pull him back. "Coffee table." He said quickly before Harry walking into the table. "Thanks." Harry said with a chuckle and was going to keep walking but decided to stay put. He didn't know what other pieces of furniture would be in the way since they rearranged everything. "Call Louis Tomlinson." He commanded into his phone. "Calling Lewis Tomersom." Harry rolled his eyes at the device. It did that from time to time.

Harry put the phone on speaker and they only had to wait a few times for it to ring. "Well, well, well." Louis sassed, "Zayn, Niall, and even Liam all remembered to wish me happy birthday today. Took you long enough curly." He knew Louis was just joking. Harry hadn't wished him happy birthday on purpose. He wanted to surprised him with the party. "Louis." Harry said in a serious voice, trying his best to crack it. The three of them snickered. This was Harry's plan, to pretend something was wrong so Louis wouldn't suspect anything.

"Harry?" Louis' tone changed from condescending to worrisome, "What's wrong?" "I need your help." Niall snorted. Zayn clapped a hand over his mouth but he was even struggling to contain his snickers. Harry's a lot better at acting than they thought. Maybe he should've gotten Ren for the spring play. "What's happened?!" Louis demanded and they all heard something fall over. Harry suspects he had been sitting and stood up to quickly, knocking the chair over. "I-I-Louis I fell. I-I can't. So much pain." Niall's face was beat red. Liam worries Zayn is suffocating him.