Chapter 13

Louis is just getting in his car with his phone pressed to his ear with his shoulder, waiting for Harry to hopefully pick up. He has his hands full with his backpack and a muffin while trying to shut the door at the same time. He tosses the pack aside and holds the muffin with his teeth so he can pull the door closed. "Hello?" He hears Harry's raspy voice on the other line which makes him smile. It sounds like he's just woken up. Louis begins to talk while the muffin is still in his mouth making it fall to the dirty car floor. "Damn it."

"Louis?" Harry says after hearing his voice. "Good morning Harry Styles." He hears Harry chuckle as he starts the car. "Morning. Why're you waking me up?" Shit. He forgot it's seven in the morning. Of course Harry would be asleep since he's not going to school. "Shit. Sorry Hazz, I didn't mean to wake you." "It's alright. I love hearing form you." Louis smiled brightly before saying, "I was just calling to make sure you'll be okay today?" He pulls away from his house, making his way to school. "You'll be home alone for a few hours."

Harry chuckles again at how worried Louis is about him. "I'll be fine Lou. I know my house and I have my cane. I'll probably just listen to the t.v. or something." "Uhg. I should just skip school. A little telly sounds better than a whole day without you." "Don't skip school Louis. And don't leave early again! I'm not that special." Louis scoffs, "You are to me but okay, for you I won't leave early." He pulls up to the school. "Thank you, you twat."

Louis laughs. He's still the same old Harry. "Alright. I gotta go Hazz. I just got to school." "Okay. Have a good day." "See you soon." With a few goodbyes they hesitantly hang up. Neither of them want to hang up but Louis has school and Harry wants to go back to sleep, much to Louis' amusement.

Walking into literature Louis is still upset that Harry isn't there. Even though he just spoke to him on the phone he still thinks he'll see the green eyed boy sat in the desk right next to him. Liam is snickering at his obvious disappointment. "Would you get over it? It's just for a few days." "Shut up." Louis laughs. He knows he's acting a little over the top but Harry just has that affect on him.

*

Halfway through the day Louis is at lunch with Niall, talking about how much they'll miss the school's football team now that they're in their last year of school. A fact that they hadn't really noticed until now. "I'm just glad we won the championship." Louis agrees as he's munching on one of Anne's cookies from last night. "Definitely a good way to end our last year." Louis agrees again before holding out the container, "Want one?" Niall agrees with a large kid-like smile. "Holy shit these are great. Did you make these?"

Louis snorts, "No. Anne made them." "When did she give them to you?" "Last night after I dropped Harry off from the hospital. Why?" "So if I were to go visit Harry, there would still be more of these?" Louis snorts again. "Yes Niall. I'm seeing him after school. Why don't you come and you can have all the cookies you want." "Well I would go to see Harry, not for cookies." "Liar." Louis laughs.

"What's so funny?" He hears a voice sneer from behind him. He turns to see Nick, a smug smile on his face that Louis just wants to smack off. "Nothing Nick just piss off." He's never been this rude to Nick before. They've normally just ignored each other but ever since he started saying shit about Harry, Louis couldn't help himself. He had to protect his Harry. Nick came over and sat next to Niall and across from Louis. "The fuck you doing?" Niall asked since he wasn't a fan of Nick either.

Nick ignored him, "Where's your boyfriend Lou?" "Don't call me that." Louis snapped, "And he's not my boyfriend. So what if he was? What's it to you?" "Just the fact that you're using him." He cackles as he crosses his arms. "Are you still on this? I'm not using Harry for shit." "Wait what?" Niall asked confused. "Louis is only hanging out with the blind freak to make himself look even better than he already is." "Bullshit." Niall says quickly and Louis is thankful he has his friend to help him. "And don't call Harry that. He's the nicest person I've ever met."