Chapter 17

The room is spinning. Well - he thinks the room is spinning but it's actually the alcohol. He's got a beer in his hand and he's stumbling through Niall's house, trying to find his boy. Niall was having a party for New Years and there were more people here than Louis thought would be but he wasn't complaining. He loved parties, especially when he was here with Harry. He had no idea where he was though. Zayn took him away while Louis was chatting with Niall to get him a drink. That was an hour ago and Louis is beginning to panic.

"Harry!" Louis sing songed, the alcohol preventing him from being too distraught. "Harold!" Louis side stepped through two people having a drunken heated debate over who was the better band; The 1975 or 5 Seconds of Summer. "5 Seconds of Summer." Louis mutters to himself as he's walking away. He decides to check outside on Niall's back deck. He just wants to be with his boy again.

When he pulled on the slider door he saw a very giggly Harry sitting on the railing of the deck, talking with Liam and Zayn. "There you are!" Louis exclaimed as he waved his beer about. "Here I am!" Harry said back when he heard Louis' voice. He didn't need to see to know Louis was talking to him. Who else would Louis be looking for? Louis goes up to the younger lad and has to stand as high up on his tip toes as he can get to kiss Harry since he was sat high up on the railing. Their lips barely touch but it's enough. Any kind of contact for them is enough.

Harry giggles into his hand when they pull away and Louis just notices the smell of alcohol on his breath. "Are you-Are you drunk?" Harry smiled like a little kid before saying, "Nooooo." Louis snorts. "You're fucking drunk." "Sorry Lou," Zayn said next to them, "I was just going to get him one to loosen him up while you were with Ni but one turned into six."

Louis waved him off, "The kid needs to have some fun." "What did you tell Anne about tonight?" Liam asked. "Just that he was staying at my house. Not a complete lie. My house is right next door." "Be careful with him yeah?" Liam warned as Harry began swaying.

Zayn took his arm to prevent him from falling off the rail. "I'm always careful with him. But I think we're staying here tonight. It's too cold to walk even a hundred feet. And Harry can barely stand on his own." Louis reassured since he knows Liam is just as protective of Harry as he is. Well maybe not as much. Liam just smiles at him, he and Zayn are too drunk to argue the consequences of lying to Anne, especially about her son. "Louis." Harry breathed out, and reached out his hand, trying to find the boy he's hopelessly in love with.

Louis chuckles and grabs his hand. "Here you are. Come here." Harry jumped down and pulled Louis close to him, hugging him tightly. Louis snorted. He was trying so hard not to laugh at Harry since this is his first time being drunk but Louis is too intoxicated to hold in his giggled

"I love having you here with me." Harry breathed into Louis' neck, "You're the greatest thing that has ever happened to me Louis." Louis pulled away from him and cupped his cheek, running a thumb over the crimson colour since it was nippy out, "I think you've had enough love. You're very touchy feely right now." "I know but it's how I really feel." "Drunk words are sober thoughts." Zayn chimed in before sipping his beer. He and Liam were trying their best not to laugh too. Harry was a funny drunk. They probably shouldn't have let him get drunk considering he can't see and it'll be harder on him but they'll look after him carefully.

"I was so nervous moving to a new school again." Harry continues as he grips onto Louis' arm, looking past him rather than at him, "I thought I was going to be made fun of yet again and I thought I wouldn't have any friends. Who wants to be friends with a blind freak?" "Harry, you're not-" Louis, Liam, and Zayn all begin at the same time but Harry cuts them off, "No, no, I know. I know I'm not a blind freak. I know that now. Because of you Louis." Louis smiles lovingly even though Harry can't see him.