Chapter 8

"You should've just told him Hazz." Liam said to Harry through the phone for probably the dozenth time the next night. Harry sighed from his bed as he added a groan into the air, Liam being on speaker. "Yeah you said that Li." He had been laying on his stomach so he put his chin on his hands, "I just don't know if he wanted the same thing." They were talking about the way Harry and Louis had ended the night; with just a hug.

"Well he probably thought the same thing about you." Liam explained as he poured himself some cereal, regardless of it being nearly midnight. "He was probably just as confused about wanting to kiss you as you were. But Hazz, the thing about all this is that when someone wants to kiss you, you can normally see it. They'll look at your lips or they'll just show signs that they want to. You can't see that so you have to be the one to either tell him to go for it, or go for it yourself."

Harry wanted to kick himself for not thinking of that. He had just been standing there with a goofy smile on his face, unaware of Louis' almost stolen kiss. If he could see, if he had known what Louis was about to do then he would've gone through with it. "You're right. You're absolutely right." "When am I not?" Harry scoffed through the speaker. "What do you suggest? The next time we're alone just say 'now kiss me, you fool'?"

"Why not? It gets the message across." "Uhg! Why does Louis have to make things so difficult?" Liam chuckled over the phone that was pressed in between his ear and shoulder so he could eat his frosties. "When you like someone enough they make it seem like everything is hard. It's actually quite easy Hazz. You just have to go with it. It's a lot easier than it sounds." Harry nodded even though Liam couldn't see him. "I guess I'll figure something out when the time comes."

There was a beeping on Harry's phone just then. Siri spoke into his ear, "Phone call from Louis Tomlinson." "I gotta go Liam, that's Louis calling." "Alright. I'll see you bright and early tomorrow for school." "Uhg." Liam chuckled again, "Night Hazz." "Night." Liam hung up his end but Harry slid his finger in several different spots over the phone until he managed to answer it.

"Hello?" Louis said, telling Harry he's finally answered it. "Hey Lou, sorry it took me a few tries to answer the phone." "Well, well done." Harry rolled his eyes jokingly at the odd compliment. "I was just calling to tell you that last night was a lot of fun. I know I said it probably more times than I should've last night but I can't help it. It was just-" "A lot of fun?" Harry finished his thought making the two laugh.

"Yeah, it was a good time. I told you he was amazing live." "I know you wouldn't lie to me." "Well... Maybe I would. I'd tell you that your clothes match when they really don't." Harry snorted. "Oh, so mischievous Louis." "Hey it's the best I could do for you." Harry stifled a yawn just then. "So what made you want to call so late?" "I um, yeah I'm sorry. I hadn't realized how late it was."

Harry put the phone on speaker again, setting it in front of him. "It's alright. I was up anyway." "Good well, I was calling because, I dunno, I was just kind of... thinking about you and wanted to give you a call." Harry was nothing less than shocked. Louis was obviously not one to hide his feelings but he's never said anything so sweet before. "Thinking about me?" Harry repeated making Louis snort. "Shut up Harry."

"No, no." Harry laughed, "No Louis I wasn't trying to make fun of you. I just thought it was nice. Sweet, almost." Louis beamed. He was happy Harry hasn't found it weird. "I um... So have you found out when auditions are?" Harry knew he was trying to change the subject. "Yeah actually. They're a week from tomorrow." "That soon?" "Well I spoke to Zayn today and he said they're starting them early so production can begin sooner. Since it's a play about dancing they need all the time they can get for choreography."

"Are you going to have enough time to memorize your lines for the audition?" "Yeah. Liam's going to help me." "Well, you know, if you need any extra help I'm here for you." Harry smiled brightly. "Thanks Lou. I appreciate it but I think I'm just going to stick with Liam." "Oh, I see how it is. Don't want my help." Louis said sarcastically. "No you twat. I just feel like you would distract me instead of helping me." Louis paused for a moment. "Yeah, you're right. I'd probably tell you the wrong lines and make you say something dirty."