Chapter 9

"Is all of this really necessary?" Harry said with a laugh a few days later as Liam continued to hand him several articles of clothing. So far he had on two jackets and now a scarf. "It's going to snow for the first time tonight Hazz." Liam explained, "We're wearing just as much stuff." He indicated to Zayn and Niall who were in his bedroom as well even though Harry couldn't see. Harry just sighed and put the scarf on. Tonight was the holiday carnival and Harry couldn't have been more excited to attend, especially since he was going to be with Louis for most of it.

"So why didn't Louis want to drive with us?" Harry heard Niall's Irish accent ring in his bedroom. "He said he had something special planned for when I get there." Harry said with the smallest smirk on his face. "Louis planned something?" Zayn asked in surprisement. "Yeah why?" "He's just more of a spontaneous kind of lad." Niall answered since he knows Louis the best.

"Well he said he's planning something for me." Harry said with the same smile still on his lips. "Come on lover boy." Liam said as he took a hold of Harry's arm. "Let's not keep your knight in shining armor waiting." Harry snorted at the analogy but still followed Liam out of the room then down the stairs. Anne gave them last minute warnings before the four of them piled into Liam's car. A car that Harry was sure he wouldn't be going home in. He was sure Louis would drive him home.

*

When they got to the school Harry's face lit up at the sound of the ongoing carnival in the large parking lot. He can only imagine what it looked like with the lights and bustling teenagers. It definitely smelt good. A mixture of candy floss and corn dogs filled Harry's nostrils; a mixture that didn't sound like it would smell good, but it was the greatest thing int he world to him. Behind anything that had to do with Louis of course.

Harry scoffed at himself. If he becomes any more infatuated then he might as well throw himself into Louis' arms the moment they're together. He would love to do that though. Harry had his arm linked with Zayn's as the four of them made their way across the parking lot, laughing about how much fun they were going to have. Harry's phone went off in his pocket just then so he pulled it out, hearing Siri say, "Text message from Louis Tomlinson." "Shit. Shit." Harry tried to silence his phone before Siri read the message out loud for the three of them to hear but it was too late. "Are you here yet? I'm by the ring toss. I'm going to win you something so hurry up. x."

The three of them snorted when Siri read the 'x' out loud making Harry groan in embarrassment. "Come on," Liam said, still snicker, "We'll take you over there then get out of your hair." "Shut. Up." Harry said, still slightly abashed. The three of them just snickered more inconspicuously. Harry just walked where they led him, trusting Zayn to make sure he didn't trip over anything.

Harry's ears perked up when he heard Louis' voice cut through the crowd. He could hear it over anything at this point since he loved it so much. He was confused though because Louis hadn't said any words, he had groaned in frustration. "What's he doing?" Harry asked with a chuckle. "He's trying to win you that something but failing." Niall said in a teasing tone making Harry flip him off wherever he was.

"Lou!" Zayn said loudly, catching Louis' attention mid throw. He turned to the voice, seeing Harry looked around with his arm linked in Zayn's. His face turned into sunshine when he got a look at the boy who's had him distracted the past few months. He didn't even care if he looked like an infatuated idiot in front of his friends, Harry just had that effect on him.

Louis jogged over and wrapped his arms around Harry's waist, pulling him into a tight hug. Harry wasn't even scared or had to question who was holding onto him. He knew it was Louis and he couldn't help but giggle into his neck, especially when Louis lifted him up off the ground slightly. He set him down gently before saying into his ear, "Glad you're here love." They pulled away, Louis seeing that Harry's cheeks had turned a crimson colour. "Glad I'm here too."