Chapter 14

Harry and Louis are sitting across from each other at the dinning room table in Harry's home, trying their best not to snicker at the fact that they were playing footsie under the table. Well - They were more violently kicking each other than playing but it's all in good fun. Louis and his mum were over Harry's house, having a Friday night dinner with Anne and her son. Johanna and Anne were chatting more than they were eating their dinner, not paying their sons much attention. It was as if they're been friends for years.

Louis and Harry weren't complaining though. If they were to look over they would see the dumb smiles on the both of their faces. Louis would just use the fact that they were on Christmas holiday as an excuse though. Seemed plausible enough. The rest of the week at school was uneventful considering Nick had been suspended for starting the fight.

Louis was put on the spot when his mother saw his eye for the first time, attacking him with a million questions about who did this to her 'baby'. Louis reminded her that he's eighteen before reluctantly telling her the truth; that Nick was indirectly bullying Harry and he couldn't help it. Johanna wasn't upset surprisingly enough. She actually thought it was heroic of Louis. The eye began healing more quickly than Louis had expected. It was still swollen but he could see out of it again and it wasn't a sickly colour anymore, just a light black and blue.

Harry kicked Louis a little too hard almost earning a yelp from the older lad but he kept it in for the sake of not having their parents question them. Anne and Johanna already knew there was something between their sons considering the two of them never stop talking about the other but Harry and Louis would prefer to not hear the snickers of their cute foot battles.

"I think I'm all done." Harry said once he wasn't able to feel anymore food on his plate. "You are." Anne said, "Want some more sweetie?" "Sweetie." Louis repeated with a small cackle earning another kick from Harry. "No I'm okay mum." Anne went to stand up to take care of Harry's plate but Louis stood up as well. "I'll get it Anne-" "No you won't." She snapped jokingly, "You've done quite enough for me and Harry now sit." Louis chuckled at her attempt at a stern manner. "Yes ma'am."

Harry stood up as their mums cleared the table. Louis immediately stood up too after Harry. "Want to go outside Lou?" "Anywhere you're going I'll go." Louis nearly rolled his eyes at such a cheesy answer. It made Harry's cheeks go pink though. With a few thanks you's to their mums Louis took a hold of Harry's arm and guided him outside.

"Louis I'm blind, not paralyzed." Harry joked as he pulled his arm out of Louis' far too tight grip. "Sorry. I just worry about you is all." Harry doesn't respond and sits in the grass, laying down soon after that. Louis followed suit, trying to get as close to Harry as possible for warmth. Why they decided to go outside in the middle of the night in December is beyond Louis. Harry knew why though, he wanted to be under the stars with Louis.

Harry takes a hold of Louis' hand who happily grips it back. "So tell me why we came out here in the freezing cold?" Louis asks after a moment of staring at the stars. Harry doesn't answer for a moment and Louis thinks he hadn't heard him but he eventually speaks, "I um, I kind of wanted you to describe the stars for me." Louis smiled brightly at the young lad before returning his gaze to the stars.

"Okay," He moves closer to Harry, "They look like little specks of glowing white light. You said you have an idea of what white is." Harry nods. "Well that's the closest colour they are. They're just glowing in the sky, illuminating the grass. And there's millions of them Hazz. You couldn't even begin to count them." Harry smiles up at the sky but Louis is grinning at him. "They're also glowing on you Harry." Harry looks over at him, the stars illuminating the left side of his face only. "You really are beautiful Harry." Harry can't help himself and leans in to kiss Louis. He misses obviously making the two laugh loudly.