Chapter 15

He and Niall are having a kick around at the school's football pitch. Harry has a doctor's appointment at the moment and playing a friendly game sounded better than sitting at home waiting for him to be done. The moment the appointment was through though Louis would be making his way to Harry's house to see him.

"I just don't know if I feel the same Ni. I've never felt it before so how am I meant to know it's the real thing?" He explains to Niall what Harry told him the other day as they're kicking the ball around. Louis knows he probably shouldn't have told Niall before talking to Harry but he was too confused. He needed his best friend's advice.

"I guess that's a big part of love. Never knowing but knowing it's out there." Louis ducks when the ball nearly gets him in the face. "Sorry mate." Louis waves him off before going to the ball. "I like Harry. I really do it's just, I don't know if I love him." "Didn't you say you've never felt this way about anyone before?" Niall traps the ball when it's kicked back to him. "Well yeah." "Maybe that thing you've never felt before is love?" Louis thinks for a moment. "I-I'm not sure Ni."

"Listen, I think you should talk to Harry about this." Louis opens his mouth to say something but Niall speaks first, "I know you weren't meant to hear what Harry said but obviously it's something you have to talk about." "What do I say then? 'Listen I know you love me but I don't know if I feel it back.'?"

Niall sighs, "Okay maybe you should just wait." "Yeah." Louis chuckles and takes the ball back, "I'm just going to see what happens. Harry didn't say it directly to me yet so I've got time to think about it until he does." "And Lou even if he does he'll understand if you don't say it back. Harry's sweet and obviously he's crazy about you. If you explain it to him then he'll understand."

Louis nods. Harry isn't one to judge people or look badly on them. He may be discouraged but he wouldn't be upset at Louis for not saying it back. "Thanks Ni. I knew I could talk to you. Even though you're like a brick when it comes to this stuff." "'A brick'?" "Shut up." He laughs before kicking the ball back to him. "I'm going to uni to study medicine but apparently I'm a brick when it comes to human emotion." "Shut up!" Louis repeats as he repeatedly punches Niall on the arm. Niall runs away with the ball laughing at Louis' expense. They continue with their game, Louis feeling a lot better about his current situation with Harry.

*

Harry doesn't go home right away. How can he go home when Louis' birthday is in three days and he hasn't gotten him a gift yet? Not to mention Christmas is in four. Anne drops him off at Liam's house who is already waiting on the pavement for his friend. "Hi Liam." Anne says happily through the car window when she comes to a stop. "Hi Anne are you well?" "I am, Harry had a good check up." She indicated to her son who was in the passenger seat, "Thank you for taking him to get his Christmas gifts. I have to get back to work." Liam waved her off, "I have to do a bit of shopping for my family as well."

"Liam, are you done talking to my mum like a forty year old?" Harry joked from the other side of the car. "Ha-ha. Funny Hazz. It'll be ever funnier when I guide you into the woman's toilets." Harry held his tongue making Anne snicker. "Have fun you two." She says as Harry gets out in a huff. He stays put until Liam guides him away from the car for Anne to pull away from the curb. "So what's Louis doing today?" Liam asks as he helps Harry over to his car. "Why do you assume I know what Louis is doing?" Harry sasses. They get in the car and Liam snorts, "Since when are you the sassy one? I think Louis is rubbing off on you." "Shut up." Harry laughs as he finally finds his seatbelt.

"And that kid is attached to your hip. It would be odd if you didn't know what he was doing honestly." He starts the car and Harry hesitates before admitting, "He's playing football with Niall." "Ah ha!" Liam shouted triumphantly earning a whack from Harry but he missed and got the driver's seat instead. "Damn it." Harry mutters leaving Liam to snicker at him.