Chapter 7

-Peter Pan-

"Pan, I feel like something is wrong," Felix said the minute I woke up the next morning. When Felix said something was wrong, you knew it was true because he didn't just lie about this stuff.

"What? Did you over hear something?"

"Actually, yes, I did over hear something. I was walking through the woods and I over heard the group. I only caught bits and pieces, but Tinkerbell and Hook were saying something along the lines of they can get something that puts them 1 step ahead of us."

I just laughed, "Felix, they're obviously bluffing! Nobody gets a step ahead of me, I'm always 10 steps ahead of them."

"But Pan!" he called, following me towards Henry's little set up. He grabbed hold of my shoulder, but I only shoved him off and made my way towards Henry. Almost instantly, he woke up, frightened to see the smirk on my face.

"Ah, the Truest Believer is up! Come now boy, we're going on a little....adventure!"

Henry refused to move. I knew deep down he wanted to stand up to me, but something was telling him not to. The smart choice.

A lost boy by the name of Will grabbed the boy by his arms, throwing him into a standing position, pushing him towards my retreating figure. I heard the hesitant footsteps behind me, and a smirk crossed my face.

We walked quietly along the path that Belle and I had carved out one day when there was nothing better to do. That's just how Belle Ann and I were. Everyday was spent right beside each other. We created Neverland together, protected it together. And the one thing we tried to protect it from, took her away from me. And I took their lives for it.

"Henry, your family wants you back. But I'm sorry to tell you, they are never going to get you back," my back was leant up against the largest tree in the entire world of Neverland. This tree was what we always called the heart of Neverland, because it was close to mine and Belle's hearts.

I dragged Henry towards the tree, placing his hand on the bark, and letting the magic that Tinkerbell put on the tree so Belle and I never forgot our nights up here do it's magic.

**********

Her hand ran down my arm, and folded over my hand. He fingers laced with mine, and our palms kissed. I could feel the fast thud of her heart through this simple little touch, but there's no where else I would rather be.

Staring into her amazing blue eyes, I could see all the pain of her past, and feel every tear she's ever shad. Which thankfully, wasn't a ton. On the other hand, I could also see all of the joy and happiness in her eyes from her past, and could feel and see every beautiful smile of hers.

"This smile on my lips will never die as long as we can do this everyday," she said softly, smiling that amazing smile down at our intertwined hands. I smiled as well, holding onto her hand a bit more, almost like my mind was telling me that if I let go she'll go away. I shifted

She looked up to meet my eyes, and I leaned in and kissed her. She giggled softly, kissing me back with just as much love as I was going to her.

"I have something for you," she whispered against my lips. I pulled away, and with her free hand she pulled out a small leather bracelet. She placed it in my hands, and I saw the small writing on it: Peter+Belle. My had was covered in small sparkles after Belle tied it tightly around my wrist.

"These sparkles, they look like the ones that-"

"Come off my wings?" I nodded, "That's cause they are. This bracelet is charmed with magic. Whenever I'm thinking about you, or when I'm constantly reminded of my love for you which is all the time, you'll see that same engraving. And if one day you don't see my name, it doesn't mean I've stopped loving you, it means that I'm gone."

"But what if one day you stop loving me?"

"That's not possible, because out love is forever. I promise. I love you Peter Pan, that's what this bracelet symbolizes. That's what this," she held up our hands, "is."

**********

"You really did have someone you loved..." he said softly, looking up at my eyes after the magic delivered the memory to him. He pulled his hand away, backing away a bit. He looked up at me, his eyes obviously showing that he was remembering the day where he accused me of never knowing love.

"I'm sorry," I only nodded, rubbing my hand over the small leather bracelet that as still on my wrist.

"Just go back to camp. And don't venture off the path and try to find your family. I've got the lost boys everywhere, waiting for you to try something, I advise you don't."

Henry only nodded, and I watched the Truest Believer walk away back towards the camp.

I fiddled with the bracelet a bit more. I never looked down at it over the years, knowing her name wasn't there. But today, something deep down told me to look down. And when I looked at the small engraving, I wasn't sure whether to be shocked or to be confused. I think I was a little bit of both.

Belle's name was there.