Chapter 20

-Belle Ann-

“Well, Henry decided to spend the night at Regina’s place,” Emma told me, sighing as she fell into the seat next to me. Everyone had brought us to a place called Granny’s that I faintly remember from my trip here only a day or two ago. I remember passing by it, and the name caught my eye for some reason. Snow and Emma had introduced me to everyone, and I learn the Granny was a woman named Ruby’s grandmother, and Ruby was really the wolf. I had heard stories about the wolf when I was younger, but it’s been so long they’re just faded memories.

I tried not to wince when Emma told me that ‘Henry’ was staying at Regina’s. The thought of this new Peter, definitely not my Peter that I always knew, at the evil queen’s house gave me the chills. Who knows what he’s capable of there, “Well Regina is his adoptive mother, Emma, or at least that’s what you told me. She did raise him, or maybe he just wants to spend his first night back in his old room.”

She nodded, looking down into the black/brown liquid that was in her cup. She said it was called hot chocolate and told me I could try it, but I really didn’t want to.

“What was Neverland like?” Emma suddenly asked, her voice quiet, “I mean, before you took a nice, long, almost 30 year nap.”

“It was wonderful,” I told her, my eyes instantly falling to the table in front of me, “I was so happy there. When the Blue Fairy gave it to me, I was the most excited girl in the world. To be able to start over, make a life for myself that I would love was amazing, and getting wings was an added bonus. When I brought in people like Tinkerbell and some of the other fairies, who are still on the island, I felt like I had a family once again. And then I met Peter, brought him in, and then he brought in the Lost Boys. I had one giant family that I loved so much, and I could ask for anything else. To tell you the truth, I miss it all so much.”

“I’m sorry it had to be like this. First the Pirates took your happiness, and then we put your love in a box,”

No you didn’t, you just think you did, I wanted to say so badly, but that would ruin everything. I didn’t trust Peter right now, but I didn’t want Emma and all of them to hate me. To think, if they knew that I knew Peter had switched bodies with Henry, they’d probably try to kill me on the spot. Right after I was starting to like them too.

“It’s alright, Emma. You all did what you had to do. I’m just glad your son is alright…” she gave me a genuine smile, and I felt my heart break a little bit more. I hated lying to her. To tell you the truth, I think I’m bipolar. I’m the female version of Peter when I try to get the, as I now know, fake box from Rumple’s girlfriend, and now I feel terrible for lying. Guess I’m just an emotional wreck.

A loud, ear splitting scream erupted from somewhere in town and the voice carried into Granny’s. Everyone stopped what they were doing, moving towards the door to go see where it came from.

“Stop,” Charming said, standing up from a booth him and Snow were seated at, “we’ll go check it out. Everyone else just continue on, we’ll report back when we get news.”

Everyone went back to what they had been previously doing and Snow and Charming rose from their seats and made their ways towards the door. Emma rose as well, motioning me to follow her.

I ran outside, following the three when Tink and Hook suddenly joined in. They took off towards some building, and I watched as Emma took out her phone, dialing what I’m guessing was Regina’s number as Tink stopped in her tracks.

“Tink! Tink! What’s wrong?” I shouted running and halting right in front of her. Her eyes staring right past me, and I covered my mouth in shock as I turned around.

“Pan’s shadow ripped her shadow right out of her body,” Hook said, looking down at the Blue Fairy’s lifeless looking body. I slowly walked over, kneeling down and placing my hand on her shoulder. This woman gave me a life I always wanted, and the love of my life sent his shadow to kill her.

“I thought Pan couldn’t harm us!” Regina called out in anger and frustration, walking over with a ‘scared Henry’ at her side.

“We were wrong then,” Charming said, taking the blanket Snow had run to get and laying it overtop of the Blue Fairy’s body.

“So Pan can still hurt me?” I had to admit; Peter was playing off the part of a scared Henry pretty well, tears almost flowing down his face and everything.

“Of course not,” Regina stated, turning to look at me, “Belle Ann, do me a favor and stay with Henry over here. I need to talk to them about something.”

I nodded reluctantly, taking my eyes off of the Blue fairy’s body and walking over to ‘Henry’. Regina ran over to Emma and them and I immediately grabbed his arm, forcing us to turn around.

“How could you, Peter?” I asked him quietly, my voice laced with hurt and tears threatening to come down my cheeks. I saw Peter’s emotions pouring through the look in Henry’s eyes, sympathy clouding them.

“Listen, Belle Ann, I had to. It needs to begin. Only a few more hours and we can just be together again,”

“You killed her Peter! You killed the woman that gave me a great life!” I whispered, yet shouted at him. My blood was boiling at the thought that he only felt bad that I was sad, not at all for the fact that he had killed her.

“Belle Ann-”

“You’re a monster, Peter Pan. I should’ve seen it earlier, but my thoughts of having my old Peter back were clouding my mind. You’ve changed, and I will have no part of it. You’re a cold, heartless monster.”

And everyone could probably hear my heart shatter in a million pieces at my words that deep down, I wishedweren't true.