Chapter 24

-Belle Ann- (4 months since curse broke)

"I really would like to know who William is, Belle Ann," Peter called out to me. He's been asking me who William is for about 3 months, but today, he seemed very determined to figure it out.

"Why does it matter, Peter? You know I love you and only you, for god sakes I'm carrying your child! And if I liked William in that way it would be considered creepy and just plain sick!" I screamed back at him, stopping in my tracks and putting my walk in the woods to a stop to speak to him.

"I just want to know...." he said quietly, his voice loosing the small edge it had before, "are you talking about Will, the young Lost Boy?"

"No, he's long gone, along with the other Lost Boys. They have no importance to us," I told him, loosing the edge that was in my voice as well as I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck as he placed his around my waist.

"William is my older brother," I whispered into his neck, snuggling myself further into his embrace.

"I didn't know you had a brother, Belle Ann,"

"We've lived on this island for what, a little less than 50 years? William never came up because I don't age, I was sure he would be dead. But Charming told me of a group, Robin Hood's group, and a man that spoke of William. He said William was part of the group, and everyone in the group is immortal, so there's a chance he's alive. That is, if it is my William in the group,"

"Why'd he go tot eh group? Did you leave him?"

"No, he left me,"

**********

I sat in my room, reliving my day over and over.

"You're such a freak,"

"Why would we hang with you?"

"Your dad is such a joke,"

I let the tears fall down my face as I buried my head into my pillow once more. For a 15 year old girl, it hurt. Especially when you had to deal with this your whole life.

Sometimes I wanted to die, or at least pay the price for some magic to take me far, far away from here. My brother kept me going, though. He was the only one that cared about me, that loved me.

My dad was a joke because he made a fool of himself everyday. He would stumble into town drunk as hell, and people would watch him and laugh like he was some form of entertainment. My mom got fed up with him and would yell at him to try and stay sober. They would end up fighting all night every night, my dad yelling incoherent things thanks to the alcohol that ran through his system, and my mother's sobs probably able to be heard through the entire village. William would come into me room, holding me close to him as I cried, praying for a better life.

I slowly picked my head up off the pillow around 1am, hearing the noise of footsteps on the wood downstairs. My parents had stopped fighting about an hour ago, so it couldn't be them.

I slipped on my small jacket that I knew wouldn't protect me from the cold of winter that was outside, and made my way down the stairs.

The front door of our small house was cracked open, and I cautiously made my way towards it. Pushing it open with my hand, I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

"William?" I called out, watching the outline of his body as it stopped in the middle of the snow covered stone street. He turned around his eyes locking with mine as he adjusted the small bag on his shoulder.

"Belle Ann, didn't think you'd here me..." he replied very quietly, watching as I walked towards him. I stared up into his eyes, and I saw the guilt finally take over his.

"Where are you going, William?"

"Belle Ann, I need to go. I can't stay here any longer. The fighting...it's al too much."

"Then take me with you,"

"I can't. Your life here may not be amazing, but it's going to get better, I promise. I can't take you with me, Belle Ann. Just know that I love you with all my heart, alright?"

I felt a wave of tears come down my face as I ran to him, throwing my arms around his waist. He kneeled down on the ground, holding me to him as I cried into his jacket.

"I'm sorry, Belle Ann. I'm sooo sorry..."

**********

"Shhhh, don't cry Belle Ann, please don't cry baby girl," Peter whispered to me, closing me in his embrace just as William had done all those years ago. I let the tears slip down my face and the sobs erupt from my throat as I relived that day from so long ago. Peter loved me, I knew he did, but William was the first person to ever truly care about me. He was my brother, and no matter what happens you need your brother with you.

"They'll find him, Belle Ann, I promise you they will,"