5

Here's one secret about me that most people should know. I hate the cemetery. They freak me out. Why? I really don't know. It's something about them that makes me despise the,. It can be because of the zombie movies, that Spongebob episode when the skeletons came alive over a hat. Whatever.

Now thinking about it, when my grandma passed away, I was heart broken, along with other family members. She was comforting and the best person in the entire world. I remember her funeral, like it was yesterday. I was devastated. I hated the fact that she'll be gone forever, but she'll always be in our hearts.

"Why are we here?" I ask Jay as we pass several grave stones. One had the date 2006-2011. That child died at the age of 5.

"Because I know where Jordyn is."

"Why would she be here?"

He doesn't answer. He stops and I look directly at what he's looking at. Jordyn, sitting right in front of a large rectangular grave stone. She has her hands wrapped her knees and she speaks to it. "I just wish I was with you guys right now. I miss you guys dearly." Her voice starts to tremble. "I hate it here. I hate that you're not here with me. I hate that I couldn't die with you guys."

Now those words struck my heart. It's really sad. Jay walks up to her, kneels down and lays a hand on her shoulder. She jumps and quickly gets up, wiping away her tears.

She looks at me, then back at Jay. "W..what are you guys d...doing here?"

"I was worried about you. I figured that you'd be here when you choose not to show up in your classes." Jay walks up to her and hugs her. "Let it all out Jordyn. Don't kept holding it all in."

She wraps her hand around his waist and starts to cry. "I m..miss them so much." She weeps.

"I know. I miss them too. They'll always be with you Jordyn." She cries some more and seems to hold on to him tighter.

I look over Jay's shoulder to see what is carved on the grave stone. It has to be someone that was very close to her. In loving memory of Lynn and Jaden Creek.

I look at Jay who was looking at me. He mouths off "her parents" and continues to rub her back. "Do you want to go back to school or go home and relax?" He asks Jordyn. "Auntie and Uncle will understand." He finishes off.

"I'll g..go home." She looks up. I know she can tell that I'm looking at her because she's trying to avoid eye contact with me.

--

The car ride to Jay's house was pretty silent. The only sound you can practically hear is Jay tapping on the steering wheel. My car is still at the school, but he's going to bring me there later to pick it up. We both decide to not go back to school, since there's no use. Only two classes left and it's done.

We enter Jay's house and Jordyn runs upstairs. "Can you please go and see what she's doing, while I try to whip us something to eat." Jay asks.

"Please don't cook. Just order something." I chuckle and jogged upstairs.

"Shut up." He laughs and pulls out his phone.

__

I know where Jay sleeps, along with his parents. They have several rooms left, and finding Jordyn's won't be easy. OK, I lied. It was. She left her door open a little and it was easy to spot the girly stuff. I knock softly as the door opens by itself.

"W...what brings you in h..here?" She asks.

"Jay told me to come and check up on you." I lean back against the door frame. "I'm sorry about your..." She interrupts.