23

Grad bash. The one field trip high schoolers get to have, unless if you're in band or student government. The place where we get away from school for almost a day.

Our artist will be Trey Songz. I don't know why and I'm not planning on watching him, but Jordyn might.

Out of all the artist out there, they got Trey Songz. Why not Kendrick or ASAP Rocky or someone else. Why Trey Songz. Nothing wrong with the dude, but I'd rather see someone else. Someone who can get us hype.

We're on the bus, and unfortunately for Jordyn, she got stuck with my type of people on the bus, while her nerd friends are on the other bus, except for Layla, who is sitting by Jay.

She's pretty quiet. Covering herself with her blanket, looking outside the window, or so I thought.

She's sleeping. I take a chip and put it by her mouth just to mess with her. She shoos me away and I continue, but stopped once she ignores me.

I next remove her blanket because I know she cannot sleep without it. "D....Darius stop." She whines while pulling the blanket back.

"Can I get a kiss?" I ask, still holding on to the blanket.

"Then w...will you let it go?"

"Yes."

"Fine." She sits up and kisses me.

I kiss back. "No PDA." A chaperon says.

"This is not school." I mumble.

"This is a school activity." She says her point.

I turn back towards Jordyn, who grabs the blanket from me. "G....goodnight."

I laugh and pull the blanket back. "Can I ask you something."

She whines. "You're d....doing this on purpose."

I chuckle and turn my focus to the couple right behind us. "It's only a two hour ride. Can you guys please wait." I interrupt the session they are having under that huge blanket. "Especially you bro. You keep pushing my chair."

The couple looks at me. I shrug. "Y'all should've sat all the way in the back." I turn back around.

"I though she was n....never going to stop making noise. T...that's why I wanted to sleep."

"Now it's time for me to go to sleep." I smile, put on my headphones and close my eyes.

"Oh no you d...dont." She pulls out my off my headphones. "Payback time."

--

"Finally!" Jordyn says once she finally gets off the bus. Our chaperon hands each of us a ticket, after we take off and go our separate ways. Jordyn grabs my hand and starts running. "We have to get front row for Trey Songz."

Just for that, I add weight, so it will be hard for her to pull me. "I don't want to see Trey Songz."

"Me too, b...but he's the first celebrity I get to see live. G...got to enjoy it."

***

If I told you that I fell asleep while he was performing 'Bottoms Up' would you believe me?

Once he started with 'Its Mr. Steal Yo Girl' my eyes started to close.

We have females in here cheering and shit, while us dudes are in the back just watching. Jordyn is in my arms, filming and taking pictures.

"Can we please go to the rides now?" I say.

She smiles. "Sure, b...but first we have to take a p...picture together." She turns her digital camera around and takes a pic, then checks it out. "Ok, let's g...go." She grabs my hand and starts walking away.

"I must warn you. I'm a G when it c...comes to rides." She smiles.

****

"You're a G alright." I say while getting off the ride.

"Told yah!"

"Is that why you kept holding on to my shirt, screaming your lungs out?"

"Isn't that how Gs' do it?" She grins.

"Come on baby girl." I hold her hand, bringing her to the next ride.

For the next few minutes we went on some rides and left the rest for later, after lunch and a little gift shopping. Jordyn kept taking pictures. From us eating, to trying on Mickey Mouse shades in the shop.

Her and Layla were doing the most. They even brought extra batteries in their satchel for their cameras. "Let's take a picture with Donald." Jordyn hands Jay her camera, then grabs my hand dragging me to Donald Duck.

"She loves Disney." Jay says.

"I now figure this out."

"Should've seen her when we went to go watch Frozen." Layla adds. "She knows the movie word by word."

Jordyn gasps. "Frozen c...characters should be here." She looks at me. "We have to take a p...picture."

I laugh. "I'll take the picture for you."

After taking more pictures with characters, we take another lunch break. "Baby you s..sure you don't want a Mickey Mouse hat?" Jordyn asks while adjusting hers.

"I'm ok with my invisible one." I kiss her forehead while taking some of her fries.

"What about you Jay?" Layla asks.

"I'm fine with my Frozen crown." Jay jokes, making us laugh.

"I c...cannot wait until I develop these and show a...auntie and uncle." Jordyn says with a huge grin on her face while looking through the pictures she took.

"Say cheese." She points the camera towards Jay and Layla. She then stops a stranger. "E...excuse me sir, can you p...please take us a p...picture."

"Sure."

Jordyn hands him the camera and we do several poses. From the regular smile to funny faces.

**

"T...today was so much fun." Jordyn squeals as she enters the bus.

"Time to turn down." Layla yawns.

After people load the bus and we take off. We all start to fall asleep. My head against the window and Jordyn's head on my shoulder. We share her blanket.

Today was a fun day. I got to spend it with my girl and my dawgs. So much better than I expected and seeing Jordyn 'turn up' today was heartwarming in a way.

"Nighty night." Jordyn reaches over and kisses my check.

"Night baby girl." I wrap my arm around her and kiss her forehead. "Turn down." I chuckle.

She giggle. "Ok." She says in a sleepy voice.